Competition must be getting fierce?

BoPippy

Just received an e-mail from another cruise line and it offers almost the same cruise as i am going on with Princess at about $1000.00 a couple cheaper,except on another cruise line!!With the economy heading south,i guess some cruise prices are going south also.Shop around.It is a buyers market.:D:eek:

There are really some great deals being offered. I've been getting them by email as well as snail mail.

A cruising friend told me about a fare reduction for the Hawaii cruise we have booked for 2010. I went on the Princess website to check it out, and it displayed a $400 decrease pp for our cabin category. So I called Princess immediately, and the agent said that the fare had just gone down by another $100. She re-fared us at a reduction of over $500 apiece!

Because of the current recession, with over 11 million unemployed or those who are affected by it in some way or another, are deciding to put their vacations on the back burner.

Cruise lines are trying to entice customers by lowing their fare.

If you're one of those people with out the recession fears that most of the country has right now. You can pretty much have your pick of the litter of a cruise vacation and not have to worry about it being overcrowded, for a really good deal.

We were able to save $3600 this week on our September 2009 cruise on the Emerald Princess from Copenhagen to Ft. Lauderdale. Had originally booked the cruise last year on the Coral Princess repositioning cruise and check Princess online this week. Everything stays the same except the price.

I get an email offer from Princess about twice a week about sales and every week we get literature by snailmail from one of the Carnival lines. I agree they seem to be overwhelming us to pull the trigger on a cruising. But every where I look people are offering deals from cars to cruises to exclusive ski vacations, so many choices at the moment!

As the OP mentioned with todays headlines many potential vacationers are likely postponing or at least taking the wait and see on their vacation to figure out if they will be in next months body count. If I was way under trend on bookings I'd be pumping my past customers too!

Lets all hope the stimulas plan helps and the countries of the world don't resurrect trade barriers.

Archived