Shore Excursions in Rome and Florence

For our port stops in livorno (florence in pisa)

We used Papillion. THEY DID EVERYTHING FOR US!! What a value. We saw more than those on the boat. We had our own guide in Florence for a walking tour. Our tickets and reservations for the musuems were done. We just SHOWED UP!!! AWESOME

We also used their service for Naples. SPECTACULAR, our driver took us to Pompei ruins. We had a guide ready with our tickets and did our own tour.

Then our driver took us up to positano. WE ate at a spectacular Trattoria. Up on the mountain cliffside. It must have been like 7 courses with pitchers of wine. It was sooooooooo affordable and I'm a frugal gal.

We just saw so much and it was all worth it.

I only wish I would have booked them for Port civetechia (rome). I booked some goof. Was mediocre at best.

Lina at Pappillon will customize everything for you!!! NO WORRIES!

Tell them Elizabeth from San Antonio, TX recommended you!

PS. My husband by accident left our money bag (had quite a bit of money in it USD --though) in the drivers car in Naples. They found the bag. They gave us credit in Florence and Pisa. HOW NICE! Most of ALL HONEST and with integrity.

Papillon Service - Italy

www.papillonservice.com

We are off to Italy in June and SOOOO excited. We will not be cruising however, we will be taking a land vacation this time. We are staying in a villa just out side of Perugia (a couple hours north of Rome). We want to spend a day or maybe even two sightseeing in Rome. Judging by the recommendations everyone seems very happy with RomeInLimo. The other we're considering is BenvenutoLimos. Has anyone used them and what was your opinion of them. We'd like someone flexible but we want to see as much as possible. I have a few questions about the tours. First of all, what does everyone recommend regarding the difference between having a driver-guide vs an official tour guide? Does having a tour guide reduce the wait in lines? Do you get in to stuff quicker? And if you have an official guide do you have to pay for a driver and your official guide or will your driver be an official guide? Lastly, this is our first time in Italy and we would love to hear what everyone considers a must see. And what everyone considers a must miss. Thanks! Ciao!

Shelby

We will be on the Nautica in June and are trying to book private tours in several ports. I'm really nervous about booking tours for six people when it's just the two of us at this point. Do people ever have trouble finding travel partners for these tours? Booking private tours for less than 6 people gets really expensive.

thanks

We are off to Italy in June and SOOOO Judging by the recommendations everyone seems very happy with RomeInLimo. The other we're considering is BenvenutoLimos. Has anyone used them and what was your opinion of them.

Shelby

Yes - we used Benvenutolimos. See my posting on page 1 of this thread. Our driver was Manuel who was Excellent. Our Vaitcan guide, Massimo, (arranged by Benvenutolimos) was also fantastic. We were more than satisfied and wouldn't hesitate in using them again. Very prompt, professional and accommodating. Manuel would change around the itinerary to suit our needs (except for scheduled Vatican tour to skip the lines). We would have booked him specifically for our other tours (Florence) had we of known we could of requested him.

Cheers.

Archived