Shore Excursions in Rome and Florence

Hi I will be on RCCL in May, can anyone suggest a tour company they have used in Rome and Florence, We would like to tour all of rome, colisium, forum, st. peters, sistine chapel, etc. In Florence we want to visit tower of pisa, and downtown florence to include the art acedemy with David's Statue. Any and all replies will be appreciated.

Hi I will be on RCCL in May, can anyone suggest a tour company they have used in Rome and Florence, We would like to tour all of rome, colisium, forum, st. peters, sistine chapel, etc. In Florence we want to visit tower of pisa, and downtown florence to include the art acedemy with David's Statue. Any and all replies will be appreciated.

For Rome we used CAST.

Check here for all information how we did it on our cruise:

http://heinbloed-cruiseguides.blogspot.com/2009/01/civitavecchia-italy-getting-to-vatican.html

They can also arrange collection in Civitavecchia. But for us it was the perfect tour.

For our January 2009 cruise we requested also personal company for Vatican Venues. But this time our ship's schedule was too bad to do it opitmal as we would like it.

So just ask what you want and they quote.

Regards,

HeinBloed

Has anyone ever heard of Benvenueto Tours in Rome? I am thinking about using Romeinlimo; seems everyone who has used them is totally satisfied with them.

AF-1: We used Benvenuto Limos (www.benvenutolimos.com) Is that the same one you are looking at? We used this Benevenuto in Rome and took the C12 "tour", which included the 3 hours at the Vatican & Sistine Chapel (a private guide), the Trevi Fountain and Colesseum. We also stopped for a lunch for Pizza. We were more than satisfied. Would use this company again if we had the opportunity. They were also recommended by Rick Steves.

Have fun planning.

Has anyone used Allesandro Camilli for touring Florence recently? His rates are great and he has had many excellent reviews on CC but all the reviews I have found are from travels 2006 and earlier (unless I have just missed them) Any feedback would be appreciated.

When my husband and I were in Rome pre-cruise in November, we used http://www.througheternity.com/ We were extremly impressed with them, and cannot say enough nice things about them. I know they have tours you can set up, where the car/ driver and guide met you at the port. (We were staying in Rome - so just met the tour guide at the sites)

I haven't had a chance to write my reviews of the tours yet - but don't hestiate to contact me if you have any questions.

Suzanne

Does anyone know if any of these tours will accomadate you along with other people. We would really like a private tour but as there is only myself and husband it would work out expensive between us unless we could share with others. we are in Rome at the begining of June.

Does anyone know if any of these tours will accomadate you along with other people. We would really like a private tour but as there is only myself and husband it would work out expensive between us unless we could share with others. we are in Rome at the begining of June.

The short answer is Yes :D

Private tours go by the vehicle, the vehicles go from cars to small buses.

They tour drivers will take as many as is legally allowed by the vehicle. Sometimes they will increase the charge for more people by a few $$ but still you are way ahead in cost reduction if you get the maximum the vehicle can hold. So if you are a party of two and hire one you can likely bring 2 more for a car and 4-5 for a van to reduce costs.

The easiest thing ahead of timeto find additional people is to go to rollcalls here on this board and ask for any tour shares. We did and found 4 other people months ahead. Its good to mention what you plan in port is, a little about you and how much it costs to make sure you get others that share your interest and disposition.

Good luck.

Hello HeinBloed

I read your blog and it was great. Anyone wanting to get into Rome on their own must read this. Thanks for the info.

~ Bev

hello! could you please direct me to this blog? I plan to do rome on my own and could use all the info possible, thanks, barbara

Hi

We used www.romeinlimo.com when we were on Galaxy this past Dec. We saw as much of Rome as anyone could ande can give this company the highest grades. They were efficient, knowledgeable and very reasonable in their costs. Write to Jany and she will get back to you almost immediately. Just tell her what you would like and she will be very accommodating. We are doing another TA on the Solstice in Dec. & have already hired them again!

Happy Cruising!

Faith:D

We used Fabrizio from All Around Italy for our tours in Rome, Florence and Amalfi Coast. I cannot say enough about Fabrizio. He is very knowledgeable, funny and entertaining. We saw and did as much as we possible. I highly recommend him.

http://www.driverguideservice.com

Ivano is AMAZING and their tour company was FIRST CLASS. The prices were also about $100 cheaper than anything else I found online (as they include a Vatican guide in the price - it's not extra).

LOVE LOVE LOVE this company and will be using them again in a few months when we're back doing a "land vacation" in Italy.

this is a great question. you can join your ROll Call and see if there are others out there doing excursions that you can join, or if others want to join w/ you on yours.

also, the service that we used (and LOVED!) (http://www.driverguideservice.com) is actually working on a new concept - - kind of like these message boards where you can share your trip w/ others looking to do the same thing. Not sure when that will go "live" - but it's certainly a forward looking step for this company.

We used Romeinlimo and they were very good and knowledgible. We went to Pisa in the morning when hardly anyone was there, and then on to Tuscany hills for a few hours of sightseeing - we saw a winery, a castle hotel, and a monestery where we bought the local liquor. Then we went to the statute of David overlooking Florence and on into Florence for lunch overlooking an artist plaza and then into some of the places in Florence. For Rome, I think we saw EVERYTHING, including of course, the Vatican with a private guide. It was Awsome. In November, we have a large group going with them again, and I cannot wait to see all that history again. Go to your roll call and see what others are doing. Someone is possibly heading up a tour and you can join, rather than be on a large bus with 100 people who will hold you up at every place you go. Private is the way to go to see things. JMHO.

We have used "Driver In Rome" www.driverinrome.com for tours from several different ports in Italy and have always been please with their service. Travel Videos of Florance, Pisa, Tuscany Hill Towns and Hill Towns Outside Rome were made during these tours have been posted on YouTube.

Click on the link below for information that will lead you to these videos.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=926243

Cruzer Two

We used Romeinlimo and they were very good and knowledgible. We went to Pisa in the morning when hardly anyone was there, and then on to Tuscany hills for a few hours of sightseeing - we saw a winery, a castle hotel, and a monestery where we bought the local liquor. Then we went to the statute of David overlooking Florence and on into Florence for lunch overlooking an artist plaza and then into some of the places in Florence. For Rome, I think we saw EVERYTHING, including of course, the Vatican with a private guide. It was Awsome. In November, we have a large group going with them again, and I cannot wait to see all that history again. Go to your roll call and see what others are doing. Someone is possibly heading up a tour and you can join, rather than be on a large bus with 100 people who will hold you up at every place you go. Private is the way to go to see things. JMHO.

Hi Sandy...Honestly, I'm not stalking you!:cool: Another question. We have booked with Jany and Romeinlimo for Livorno and Rome. I noticed they gave us a ticket price for Pisa of 14 euro. What does this cover? Is this an entrance fee to the tower? Or maybe a fee for going to Pisa?

thanks again

We used a tour company highly recommened by our travel agent. The company is Bob's Limos http://www.romelimousines.com. Bob is from The States and covers all of Italy. It's great for 4 - 8 people as the price works out much better than the ship excursions. In addition you'll be in a car or small van and will be able to get right in close to all attractions. The drivers in all ports are english speaking; are local to the area; and can suggest amazing shopping, dinning, etc. In Florence, they'll arange for your ticket/entrance to see The David!

Faith,

we are planning on using romeinlimo and I have contacted Janey. she said we can prepay for our cruise using our credit card. She said we can use a bank transfer in rome, this way we won't have to go to an atm machine and take out euros. We have 16 in our group going. How did you handle your payment?

Archived