First Time Cruiser. Questions?

hazenumber1

What a great site with lots of information for a first time cruiser. I have a couple of questions but don't see a search feature, so I appoligize if the answers to my questions are here.

We have booked a cruise that leaves on Feb 21 and we have outside cabins E223 and E225. They are "obstructed". Anyone know just how "obstructed" they are? We are on a wait list for an upgrade but the travel agent told us that the cruise seems to be fully booked. What do you think our chances are? Any inside secrets of how to get an upgrade?

Thanks all. Really appreciate any information that you can give us.

Whoohoo....only 15 days to go....

What a great site with lots of information for a first time cruiser. I have a couple of questions but don't see a search feature, so I appoligize if the answers to my questions are here.

We have booked a cruise that leaves on Feb 21 and we have outside cabins E223 and E225. They are "obstructed". Anyone know just how "obstructed" they are? We are on a wait list for an upgrade but the travel agent told us that the cruise seems to be fully booked. What do you think our chances are? Any inside secrets of how to get an upgrade?

Thanks all. Really appreciate any information that you can give us.

Whoohoo....only 15 days to go....

We need to know what ship you are on! :D

upgrades can happen any time up til check in but the chances are less I believe if the ship is full. Although I've never stayed in those cabins, I think the life boats will partially obstruct your view of the ocean as that is where they usually are. Upgrades I've read on these boards are totally random; no reasoning behind it. We were upgraded on our first cruise on Princess from a minisuite guarantee to AA mid ship and loved it. We've since learned to pick a cabin and mark it no upgrade as sometimes the upgrade can be worse than what you booked! Have a great cruise.

to do a search, look in the upper right hand corner of the main thread page and there is a box to open to enter search parameters.

On the Emerald deck (what ship?) it can vary from being blocked with a lifeboat right in front of the window to being in between two lifeboats- check the deck plans for an approximate idea. Either way you see some light & wont be in a cave. :D

Archived