Pants that make shorts

hugosmom

Please forgive the less-than-elegant title, but I don't know what to call them! I am plus size and am facing foot surgery - I'd like to find a couple pair of those pants whose lower legs zip off at the knee so I don't have to wear shorts on both legs. This is, of course, just for around the house and for doctor's appointments. Any ideas?

If I can find some, I promise I'll wear them on a cruise some day! Thanks so much!

Try REI or other outdoors and sporting stores- Bass Pro is another possiblity. Lands end and LLBean usually have them also. Not sure about sizes, and also about gender but these places usually have them. Good luck with the surgery and hope you are doing well soon.

You might try looking for "convertible pants". www.junonia.com carries active clothing in women's sizes and has a few different styles of convertible pants. Some zip off to make shorts, some to make capris, some can do either. Maybe you can find something there that would work for you. Hope this helps. Best of luck and speedy recovery on your surgery!

All of the above, plus Cabela's. (Is that the 'other' sporting goods store you were thinking of?) We also have Scheels here in Nebraska--and some other states--that carry them. I also have seen them in the Travel Smith cataglog--I'm sure they are on their web site also.

Thanks, everybody, so much! I called our Bass Pro Shop (I'm in Nashville) and they had them in several colors and in a size I can use. I ran out there this evening and now I'm all set - well, except for the recuperation period. Not looking forward to that!

I really appreciate everybody's suggestions!

Archived