Hotel Barcelona Universal?

I spent a pre-cruise stay at Hotel Universal in November of 2007 courtesy of Hotwire. It was a great find. Rooms were well appointed, clean and spacious. It's easily accessible from the airport . The subway stops is within yards of the hotel. You could probably walk to the pier, if you are luggage light, but it's only a short taxi ride. I don't remember the exact sot. It was somewhere between 8 and 12 Euros. I am a frequesnt traveler and have high standards for comfort; I will definitely stay here the next time I am in Barcelona. Go for it!!!!!!!!!!!!

YvonneB

I spent a pre-cruise stay at Hotel Universal in November of 2007 courtesy of Hotwire. It was a great find. Rooms were well appointed, clean and spacious. It's easily accessible from the airport . The subway stops is within yards of the hotel. You could probably walk to the pier, if you are luggage light, but it's only a short taxi ride. I don't remember the exact sot. It was somewhere between 8 and 12 Euros. I am a frequesnt traveler and have high standards for comfort; I will definitely stay here the next time I am in Barcelona. Go for it!!!!!!!!!!!!

YvonneB

Thanks Yvonne! I had given up hope of anyone responding so I thank you very much. It's still available on Hotwire, so I will, indeed, go for it!

YvonneB

Yvonne, I was very please to see your post about the Hotel Universal. My wife and I are booked there for one night after our cruise on Celebrity. We have a very early morning flight out of Barcelona. Would you happen to know the best way for us to get to the airport from the hotel? Thanks

Richard

Richard,

The most economical way (if you don't have too much luggage) is to take the metro (which is right out front of the hotel) to Plaza Catalunya and then take the areobus to the airport. The bus was 9 Euros at that time and the metro was just a few Euros. However, I don't know the schedule. If you are leaving really early the safest bet would be a taxi. I think the taxi fare is around $35 Euros, but check the thread as I might not be on target. I took the aerobus/metro from the airport to the hotel. It was easy.

Enjoy Barcelona. I can't wait to return.

Yvonne

Archived