Dropping off luggage at Port Canaveral

AbbyGirl

I searched the boards but I couldn't find the answers I was looking for.

We are flying in to West Palm the morning of out cruise out of FLL and we are renting a car and driving to FLL. Is it possible to drop off our luggage with the porters, leave the port and then drop off our car at the FLL airport and take a taxi or shuttle back to the port? We really don't want to lug our luggage if we don't have to.

Also, if this is an option, is there any kind of fee that we have to pay just to enter the port or is that only for the people that leave their cars at the port?

Thank you!

As long as you don't get there too early, yes you can do what you have described. There is no fee to enter the port but you must show picture ID. You'll need to ask at the gate which dock you ship is berthed in. Although there are signs posted that you do not need to tip the porters that will take your luggage it is strongly suggested that you do so. Depending on what company your car rental is with they more than likely have a shuttle to the port to take you back.

I searched the boards but I couldn't find the answers I was looking for.

We are flying in to West Palm the morning of out cruise out of FLL and we are renting a car and driving to FLL. Is it possible to drop off our luggage with the porters, YES leave the port and then drop off our car at the FLL airport YES and take a taxi or shuttle back to the port?Yes. The airport rental car companies are all in the same building and use a common shuttle to go to the port. No need for a taxi. We really don't want to lug our luggage if we don't have to.

Also, if this is an option, is there any kind of fee that we have to pay just to enter the port NO or is that only for the people that leave their cars at the port only a parking lot fee?

Thank you!

See above

Unless you have a lot of luggage, you can easily bring it with you on the car rental shuttle and save the time it takes for you to drive to Port Everglades and then to the airport.

Archived