Info needed on Princess cruises, please

cru2

Hiya

We are a family of 4 going on our 2nd cruise in june 09 sailing from Southampton, UK on the Grand Princess to the Med(our 1st cruise in 2007 was on P&O Oceana).

Have loads of questions so hopefully you will bear with me!!!!

1. We became Ruby on P & O after our 1st cruise which entitled us to 5% discount onboard a further cruise with P&O, was wondering with P&O being connected to Princess if this discount would still hold?
  2. We have a full time wheelchair user in our party but they can be carried short distances, we did try n book a 4 berth wheelchair accessible cabin but were told that none existed on board Grand Princess, does anyone know any different?
  3. Any 1 have any clue about the prices on board for the soda card, etc?
  4. Is there complimentary tea/coffee facilities available in cabin like aboard Oceana?
  5. just looked at plan of ship n we have booked Aloha Deck (inside cabin) BUT we are just below Lido deck Neptunes Reef & Pool area, is this a good/bad/indifferent place to be? And is this a good deck to be on?
  6. Also noticed that we are approx mid ship but VERY close to Self service Laundry, does any1 know if that be a problem?

I know i have loads of other questions but dont want to bore everyone too soon,lol, would be really grateful if anyone could answer any (or all!!) questions above.

Thanks

x

u are going to find more information on the Princess main board

I can try to help

4 - No - but the buffet is open 24 hours so you can get tea and coffee there

5 - we had a balcony under the pool area and I could hear the chairs moving around in the morning when they were setting up everything - not my favorite spot.

6 - if you are right next to the laundry facilities you will hear the door - if you are a couple of doors down you should be ok

that is all I can answer for you

Since P&O and Princess have different past passenger programs I doubt the 5% discount would be applicable on Princess. You can ask, but don't count on it as that is not a perk for any past passenger level on Princess.

I checked the deck plans for the Grand and there are no handicapped accessible staterooms that will hold four. In fact, most are doubles and only a very few will hold three. I seem to recall another poster with two children in wheelchairs commenting on this as they must book two handicapped accessible cabins whenever they cruise with Princess.

My son had an inside 1 door over from the laundry area on our Princess cruise and he said there were no noise issues.

One thing I did find about the Grand Princess was that it was a slightly difficult ship to navigate. Not all elevators go to all floors. Even by the end of the week, people were still complaining "you can't get there from here".

1. We became Ruby on P & O after our 1st cruise which entitled us to 5% discount onboard a further cruise with P&O, was wondering with P&O being connected to Princess if this discount would still hold? - propbably not. (Carnvial owns Princess and their programs do not cross lines.)

2. We have a full time wheelchair user in our party but they can be carried short distances, we did try n book a 4 berth wheelchair accessible cabin but were told that none existed on board Grand Princess, does anyone know any different? - The Grand does have Handicapped Cabins. However, they are limited. None may be available for your sailing. I would make sure (call CCL directly as if you were going to book to verify an HP inside or outside was available and at what price. If it's available, contact your booking agent as soon as possible and inform them to switch the cabins.

3. Any 1 have any clue about the prices on board for the soda card, etc? $40 for an adult a week including tip.

4. Is there complimentary tea/coffee facilities available in cabin like aboard Oceana? Only room service for in-room or go to the buffet or the Cafe bar for specialty coffees. If you get room service a small tip is customary.

5. Just looked at plan of ship n we have booked Aloha Deck (inside cabin) BUT we are just below Lido deck Neptunes Reef & Pool area, is this a good/bad/indifferent place to be? And is this a good deck to be on? - Although Aloha Deck isn't bad, being right under the Lido Pool area can and does get noisy with the chairs being moved, entertainment out on deck day & night parties. If you get an opportunity to move down a deck, do so.

6. Also noticed that we are approx mid ship but VERY close to Self service Laundry, does any1 know if that be a problem? - I don't think that will be a problem. When folks go to do their laundry, it's usally during the day and they are alone, thus not talking to anyone. I know the door closes, so it clsoing constantly may be a noise issue.

Bon Voyage. Enjoy the Med.

Nanatravel

Archived