Some VERY active threads - amazing!!

Tom-n-Cheryl

I can't help but notice the astronomical number of posts on some of the "Official" roll call threads on the main board. The "*OFFICIAL* Cruisin' With the Crazies !!!" is at 171,616 posts... this in just over 1 year.

I did the math (like I am bored or something :D) and that comes out to 450 posts PER DAY.

My question is.... do most of the people on there (and similar threads) actually KEEP UP will all of that?? I do well to follow the periodic "busy" threads which may have a hundred or two posts before the thread gets AXED - (yes, those threads)!!

Who I REALLY pity are the poor souls who come to the game late - sign up for the sailing, and try to catch up! :eek:

My hat is off to you (CRAZY) guys!!!

Tom

I agree Tom. I too have noticed some of those numbers and thought to myself, "do these people have jobs?!" lol. I barely have time to visit and check out, like you, the busy threads. Numbers like that has done one thing for me, it's made me pay more attention to what my employees are doing "on the clock", lol. Now, if I told them about CC, I'd have to fire them all.:D

I used to keep up, but I gave it up. The core group who posts, most of them read every single post on the Crazies thread. They call it ketcup when they are behind and replying to posts earlier in the day.

The ones I felt sorry for were the ones who came late, not because they missed so many posts, but because by last August the cruise was showing sold out. Some other group had to return some of their cabins so there are cabins now to buy, but prices start at $719 for the cheapest cabin I believe. All the group cabins that Carnival would give the Crazies have long since sold out, you can only book on your own without getting invites to the Crazies parties, just hope they invite you anyway.

I can't help but notice the astronomical number of posts on some of the "Official" roll call threads on the main board. The "*OFFICIAL* Cruisin' With the Crazies !!!" is at 171,616 posts... this in just over 1 year.

I did the math (like I am bored or something :D) and that comes out to 450 posts PER DAY.

My question is.... do most of the people on there (and similar threads) actually KEEP UP will all of that?? I do well to follow the periodic "busy" threads which may have a hundred or two posts before the thread gets AXED - (yes, those threads)!!

Who I REALLY pity are the poor souls who come to the game late - sign up for the sailing, and try to catch up! :eek:

Tom

thanks. I tell ya what, the big thing is, you don't have to stay caught up. You just jump right in and hang on for the ride. Our thread winds down so many roads that it starts over daily. I can personally say that I have made so many great friends from the group. It's unbelievable.

Heck, we've got podcasts even. just click on the stuff in my signature.

I have friends that are looters and crazies at the same time. Us Looters actually have a summarized version in a special place. Some of us talk everyday, some log in on weekends and "ketchup". Some posts you skim thru, but since we've cruised together we keep up with each other's lives. Like a soap opera. It's important to keep your thread on page one, in case someone sees it and wants to join our group.

A cool feature on this board is that you can click on the "replies" hyperlink and it will show you who has posted to the thread and how many times. Here are some of the stats from the Crazies thread

Thanks for the heads up on the "replies" hyperlink!:cool:

Most anytime there is a cruise critic group cruise going on there will be a lot of posts on that thread. People in the groups usually do have a core group and they chat all the time, then there are the others that just pop in to say hi and get the updates. But mostly, there is a year to wait, sometime too, like with our unofficial Oasis group cruise on the RCCL board. And by the time we all cruise together we pretty much know each other.

But if you are a new person, feel free to just jump in with both feet. You will usually be welcomed right away, and if you ask questions or want the summary of who's who and what's happening on the cruise we will be happy to bring you up to date. Especially on threads I'm on. I love new people and hate it when people are ignored or scrolled over!! Not nice, not fun and definately not friendly!! So come try a group out!!:D

Even if you are a lurker, the crazies thread is very enjoyable. I still browse it occasionally. I actually was part of the original thread on the foggy day in January 2008; when I realized I would not be able to "Cruise with the Crazies" I backed out of posting. I have been a fan of Mach's posts since before he became "Host Mach". Anyone who is a fan of the Conquest should search for some of his old reviews. I still send him a note on the boards occasionally and he is always gracious enough to answer questions or send old menus or capers. I don't want to leave any of the Crazies out, but I'd like to give shout outs to their "Poster in Chief", billsrobb (Robb) who I met on my Conquest cruise last February, and to LambKnuckles (aka Lambie) and sixgun8, who always manage to make me smile when I read their posts.

I've gone into the group cruises to check it out to see if it is something DH and I could do. But to be honest I feel like a outsider... it's too hard to read all of those post's as well. So I just stopped going to those.

Any of the longer threads that are going on I will read some of the pages... or if it's pretty funny then all of the pages... until someone says something smart and the cyber fight starts. Why fight on the internet... geeesh

Hi...one of the Crazies here..checking in...and I do have time..being a retired teacher :) and with my new Centro with internet service-----I am posting from next to a tank in Galveston,where I am babysitting a stranded dolphin :)

Crazies are a great group of people who help each other in the real world ,too

Tom,

I have 2 questions for you:

1. What do you do for a living?

2. How can I get the same job?

LOL. 5 cruises this year alone!!!! I am extremely jealous.

Bill

First, #1... the following picture of me in Afghanistan might give you a clue (what I was doing that particular day - when I did not have any patients... kind of DOWN IN THE MOUTH...). I received that FREE vacation with all expenses paid when I was activated (Natl. Guard). That's what I do in the real world too, though very little time to "kick back" like I had there!!

63447660_teP8G-L.jpg

Now, #2... BS degree + 4 more years (DMD) - then you can have the same job! :D

Tom

First, #1... the following picture of me in Afghanistan might give you a clue (what I was doing that particular day - when I did not have any patients... kind of DOWN IN THE MOUTH...). I received that FREE vacation with all expenses paid when I was activated (Natl. Guard). That's what I do in the real world too, though very little time to "kick back" like I had there!!

63447660_teP8G-L.jpg

Now, #2... BS degree + 4 more years (DMD) - then you can have the same job! :D

Tom

UH...No thanks cuz I think your job description was a lot more than the picture indicates!! :eek:

I see you are on the dream the week after our CC group! We are going Feb. 20, 2010. Wanna do a back to back? You are welcome to join our group!! We have the 25$ deposit until this friday!! If not, we will wave to ya on our way out!!:D

UH...No thanks cuz I think your job description was a lot more than the picture indicates!! :eek:

I see you are on the dream the week after our CC group! We are going Feb. 20, 2010. Wanna do a back to back? You are welcome to join our group!! We have the 25$ deposit until this friday!! If not, we will wave to ya on our way out!!:D

Thanks for the offer, LOL - but I'll have to pass. At this point breaking away for much more than a week at a time is all but impossible. Just make sure you bring that ship back in time!!!

Tom

Tom

When I joined the Splendor group cruise it had countless pages of posts already. I did not go through all of the previous posts. I read the first couple pages then jumped in at the point when I joined. There's no way I could read that many posts to "catch up". :)

We are just a friendly family sorry you dont like polite people and by the way Good Afternoon to you :)

Good Afternoon to you too Chris!!!

I'm one of the "Crazies". I do read all the posts. I used to do it all the time at work but now I do most of it in the evenings and before I leave for work!!!

We have lots of fun on that thread and it's all one big family!!!!

Even if you are a lurker, the crazies thread is very enjoyable. I still browse it occasionally. I actually was part of the original thread on the foggy day in January 2008; when I realized I would not be able to "Cruise with the Crazies" I backed out of posting. I have been a fan of Mach's posts since before he became "Host Mach". Anyone who is a fan of the Conquest should search for some of his old reviews. I still send him a note on the boards occasionally and he is always gracious enough to answer questions or send old menus or capers. I don't want to leave any of the Crazies out, but I'd like to give shout outs to their "Poster in Chief", billsrobb (Robb) who I met on my Conquest cruise last February, and to LambKnuckles (aka Lambie) and sixgun8, who always manage to make me smile when I read their posts.

Blushing here. Thank you for an outstanding compliment. If I can make someone smile, then I've done my best.

Archived