dream cruise :)

Don't hate me, but I thought it would be fun to do a post like this.

Share your ideal cruise if you could hand-pick everything about it: the ports of call (and how long you stay there), ship, captain, cruise director,inch of gold, anything that makes your cruise splendid!

I shall start us off :)

I would love to depart from Cape Liberty cruise port because I have family in New Jersey. The Oasis is going to be amazing, so that's my ship of choice. My ports would be: Greece, Italy, Morocco, Dubai, Australia, Japan, Philippines, Hawaii, and then disembark in California. Crazy itinerary, I know...that's just about all the way around the world. Captain don't make too much of a difference to me because I don't see them much. Cruise Directors, on the other hand, matter a lot but I'm torn between a RCCL and Celebrity cruise director.

Oh, and there has to be a lot of sushi onboard. And seaweed salad. And good ice cream. And soup...I could go on for forever.

I also like talent shows on board. It kind of gives me motivation to practice piano, violin, or sing when I'm away on vacation. Even thought vacation is for resting, my music cannot be pushed to the side. Volleyball courts would be nice too.

So, that's all I can think of right now. What about you? Allow yourself to dream!

How fun. Leave from San Francisco (with 4 nights there) - on to Hawaii, Fiji, New Zealand, Australia, Greece, Italy sail to New York then to HMC, Aruba, around through the Panama Canal, stop in San Diego and on to San Francisco again.

Captain does not matter as long as he knows what he's doing. Cruise Director should be energetic and creative.

Ship ... hmmmm. Would be medium sized (not like Oasis) and would have suites for me and all my family and friends!

Amenities ... Specialty Restaurant every night (different one or rotation of 7). Cruise would be about 2 months.

Free spa, drinks, butler service, laundry service, excursions ... (we're still dreaming, right?).

No shopping talks, inch of gold or complainers (cruisers will be screened for disposition prior to cruise). hahaha.

That's it. When do I start packing?

I really don't care about the ports--as long as it's hot and sunny and there are good beaches! I would like the largest cabin---I'm into having space!--and the food would have to be outstanding...not just "adequate". I like long meals with many "courses", and lot's of choices!

I don't care who the Captain is (as long as he can steer the ship safely), and I don't care if there's even a Cruise Director onboard---I don't need direction!

The drinks should be strong, the beer should be icy-cold, and the bands onboard should be smokin' hot!

I just returned from my "Dream Cruise" It was a Real Cruise. A 30 day cruise on HAL Ryndam roundtrip from San Diego to Hawaii and Tahiti. My dream was to go to Tahiti. And, I love to cruise. So, what better way to get there than to cruise! It was as perfect a cruise as I could ever imagine! We left on Jan. 4 and returned on Feb. 3. The weather was outstanding for this time of year, in the mid 70's in Hawaii, and mid 80's in Tahiti. We had wonderful weather for our sea days (17 of them total). We didn't have time to get bored, we always kept busy. We were some of the youngest passengers, DH is 52, and I am 49, the average age was 75. There were many other 50 and 60 somethings on board. It was one of the most enjoyable and interesting cruises we have been on. Hawaii is gorgeous, and Tahiti is absolutely Fabulous!

Now, as for dreams, I would sail on my own private ship around the world, and have nice weather and smooth seas, and all my family and friends with me!

I just returned from my "Dream Cruise" It was a Real Cruise. A 30 day cruise on HAL Ryndam roundtrip from San Diego to Hawaii and Tahiti. My dream was to go to Tahiti. And, I love to cruise. So, what better way to get there than to cruise! It was as perfect a cruise as I could ever imagine! We left on Jan. 4 and returned on Feb. 3. The weather was outstanding for this time of year, in the mid 70's in Hawaii, and mid 80's in Tahiti. We had wonderful weather for our sea days (17 of them total). We didn't have time to get bored, we always kept busy. We were some of the youngest passengers, DH is 52, and I am 49, the average age was 75. There were many other 50 and 60 somethings on board. It was one of the most enjoyable and interesting cruises we have been on. Hawaii is gorgeous, and Tahiti is absolutely Fabulous!

Now, as for dreams, I would sail on my own private ship around the world, and have nice weather and smooth seas, and all my family and friends with me!

That is my dream cruise too, but I want to go from Vancouver Canada to Hawaii to the Tahiti and Bora Bora and then to Australia and back. It would take about 56 days. I would like to take the Mariner instead of the Rhapsody.

I would also like Mike S. from the Adventure for our cruise director. Debbie

My dream cruise would depart from San Diego, go to Hawaii, then over to Australia/New Zealand, stop at 5 or 6 South American ports, skip over to Japan and Thailand, then cruise up to Barcelona, Florence, Rome and Nice, come through the Panama Canal before stopping at Curaccao and Aruba and finish in Ft. Lauderdale, Fla.

The cruise director would change weekly and the Captain would be RCI's choice. I think I would prefer a Voyager class ship for the cruise with one formal night per week and Lobster/Steak weekly as well. A Junior Suite would be adequate with assigned pool chairs with brass name plates attached. There would be no Art Auctions and Gold By Inch limited to a Promenade store. Entertainment would also change weekly. The cost of the cruise would be free since I won it in an RCI promotion. :D

Archived