A couple of Ft. Lauderdale-related Priceline questions

elycelynne

Apologies if you've already read this question in the "Winning Bids" thread -- I replied to that thread when what I really meant to do was start a new thread -- silly me! Anyhow...

First, am I more likely to get a better rate the closer I get to my stay date? My cruise isn't until early December, so am I better off waiting until around November? I realize it would probably be fruitless to do any bidding now and hope to get a decent rate.

Also, are the Renaissance and the Grande Hotel and Yacht Club the only 4* hotels for Ft. Lauderdale Downtown?

Early December is NOT busy. If I were you, I'd definitely wait until November...at the earliest.

You can also watch the rates on the hotel web site. You'll know then when the prices are dropping or they are running specials. THAT's the time to bid low.

Just be careful as there are sometimes dates even in the off season that are busy because of a special event. Most have been listed on this site.

Once I know I am going somewhere I start trying 'low ball bids' . Every 2 or 3 weeks I bid very low just in case;). This strategy has worked sometimes and I have ended up with some very good deals.

Don't let yourself get caught up in bidding and spending way to much.

Good Luck!

Archived