Between Friends program

JimmyTheOne

This new Seabourn offer started last year but other than a brief mention of it by Martita, I have not noticed any comments by members. It seemed like something worthwhile, after all, $1,500 per suite is worth considering. We are hoping to recruit another couple to take advantage of the offer on our upcoming cruise in August. We are also interested in any comments from other members who have researched or used this offer.

This new Seabourn offer started last year but other than a brief mention of it by Martita, I have not noticed any comments by members. It seemed like something worthwhile, after all, $1,500 per suite is worth considering. We are hoping to recruit another couple to take advantage of the offer on our upcoming cruise in August. We are also interested in any comments from other members who have researched or used this offer.

Would you mind posting the original information on this promotion (from Seabourn). I kind of know how it works, but it would be great if you could paste and copy an email, or link to Seabourn's website where the information is located!

Host Dan

Hi Dan,

In addition to my response on the Referral Coupon thread, I also paraphrased the "Seabourn Between Friends" program. We received on December 11th, a letter from Seabourn outlining the requirements of this new offer. The full program is described in the " media" section of the Seabourn website

SEABOURN OFFERS $4,500 IN PRIVATE TOURS FOR SMALL GROUPS

Release Date: Dec. 8,2008

SEABOURN OFFERS $4,500 IN PRIVATE TOURS FOR SMALL GROUPS

- New 'Between Friends' Promotion Meets Growing Consumer Desire for Shared Experiences -

December 8, 2008 - (Miami, FL) As a result of the recent economic downturn, spending quality time with friends and family has become a top priority among travelers. To satisfy this demand, The Yachts of Seabourn has created Between Friends – a new promotion designed to encourage small groups of three or more couples to reconnect and share experiences while traveling together. In addition to Seabourn’s industry-leading all-inclusive amenities, guests who participate in Between Friends will also receive an onboard credit of $1,500 per couple – a total of at least $4,500 per group – for Private Shore Excursions on most 2009 European voyages arranged through the line’s Signature Service Desk, including active, culinary and cultural offerings.

“In these uncertain economic times, Seabourn guests are re-evaluating their priorities and placing more emphasis on the things that mean the most in life,” noted Seabourn president and CEO Pamela Conover. “Spending quality time with friends is a top priority during times like these,“ she continued, “and our intimate Seabourn yachts enable friends to share truly meaningful and memorable experiences together. That’s why we created the Between Friends promotion.”

Each group of friends can tour together or separately, with their own guide, their own driver and their own private vehicle, choosing from hundreds of options exploring Europe’s fascinating destinations at their own pace and on their own terms -- or creating their own customized experiences to match the group’s particular tastes and interests.

Some examples of private arrangements that might appeal to a group include:

• Joining a top Italian chef for a hands-on, three-hour cooking class in Florence.
  • Going on a tasting tour in Rapallo, Italy, with specialty food expert Guido Porrati who will introduce you to focaccia, pesto, olive oil, salame Sant’Olcese, Avetano cheese, strusciata cake and excellent local wines.
  • Sailing via private yacht to Birla, Sweden to tour Viking Age ruins, including an in-depth tour of Gronsoo, a privately owned castle on the lake.
  • Riding a mountain bike through the wonderful landscape of the Mounts of Malaga in Spain.
  • Letting an expert local shopping guide show you around Stockholm’s most famous boutiques with the most internationally acclaimed brands.

Each couple will receive the $1,500 onboard credit to be applied toward private shore excursions when they pay the prevailing fare for the voyage, which includes a generous Early Booking Savings of up to 45% off the brochure fares. At least one of the three couples in each group must be first time Seabourn guests. The promotion is valid for most 2009 European voyages aboard Seabourn Pride, Spirit, Legend or the newly built Seabourn Odyssey. Certain restrictions apply.

Guests may choose from over 60 departures of some two dozen cruise itineraries of seven to 14 days in the Mediterranean, Western Europe, Scandinavia, Russia and the Norwegian fjords. With Early Booking Savings of up to 45%, fares start from $3,905 per person, based on double occupancy of an expansive ocean-view suite. For full details of the Between Friends promotion or information about The Yachts of Seabourn, consult a travel agent, call Seabourn at 1-800-929-9391 or visit www.seabourn.com.

Click here to read all articles

I hope this helps Dan!

Have a nice day!

Marja

I understood that it had to be 2 existing and 1 newbie booked through the same agent. We actually had bookings arranged before the promotion arose but since then one of our group has been adverly affected by the recession and had to cancel the cruise We were advised that the OBC could have been credited retrospectively. Since we are Australians we don't get the OBC from Amex even though we use Platinum so we will just have to hope our dollar improves in the next few months.

Jean

Has anyone been able to "qualify" for this promo or do you know of anyone who has?

I have been trying this morning to sign up for this promo and first my agent was told that neither of our weeks in the Med were on the list, then that two of the three couples had to be new, then told that Signature Value Sailings did not qualify.

I tried to reach the Club Desk and was not allowed through to Adrianna as this was a "marketing" issue. I then inquired as to where on their website were the restrictions and list of cruises that qualified for this promo as I had been unable to find anything online other than the original letter. After waiting on hold I was informed that marketing had taken the promo off the website but they would email me the promo restricitons and list of cruises it applies to. I asked how soon it would be emailed and was told "right away". That was 30 minutes ago and so far nothing.

Once I receive the info I will see if I can get it posted on here.

I am disappointed in Seabourn on not just this issue but many of the other issues that have been discussed on other threads on this board.

Anyway, again the question comes has anyone been able to use this promo?

Thanks, Rebecca

Has anyone been able to "qualify" for this promo or do you know of anyone who has?

I have been trying this morning to sign up for this promo and first my agent was told that neither of our weeks in the Med were on the list, then that two of the three couples had to be new, then told that Signature Value Sailings did not qualify.

I tried to reach the Club Desk and was not allowed through to Adrianna as this was a "marketing" issue. I then inquired as to where on their website were the restrictions and list of cruises that qualified for this promo as I had been unable to find anything online other than the original letter. After waiting on hold I was informed that marketing had taken the promo off the website but they would email me the promo restricitons and list of cruises it applies to. I asked how soon it would be emailed and was told "right away". That was 30 minutes ago and so far nothing.

Once I receive the info I will see if I can get it posted on here.

I am disappointed in Seabourn on not just this issue but many of the other issues that have been discussed on other threads on this board.

Anyway, again the question comes has anyone been able to use this promo?

Thanks, Rebecca

From what a Seabourn exec specifically told me the other day... 1 couple must be new, you don't have to use the same TA, just indicate on all three reservations that you are traveling together.

Host Dan

Here is what I received from Seabourn. I am not seeing where specific cruises are excluded as it sounds like it is all European cruises. I think they are hinging my denial on the fact I have a club signature sailing but even so it is only at 44% off and many of the EBS's are at 45%.

Is there anything I am missing in trying to get this promo? It also sounds like if you have this promo you cannot use your Amex OBC's or anything else.

*Seabourn’s Between Friends Small-Group Program is available to groups of three or more couples traveling together on the same

cruise during the 2009 European season. At least one of the couples must be first time Seabourn guests. Each couple will receive an

onboard credit worth $1,500 to be applied toward private shore excursions when they pay the prevailing Early Booking Savings fare.

There will be no refund for any unused portion of the $1,500 onboard credit. Single guests will receive an onboard credit of $750. This

offer is not combinable with any other promotions, onboard credit offers, By Invitation Referral Program or Inaugural Celebration

Savings. However, past guests of Seabourn may apply their onboard booking savings as applicable. The onboard credit is not applicable

to items that must be prepaid in advance of the cruise, such as Seabourn Journeys and Sail & Stay packages. This program is not combinable

with Group Fare Discounts. Certain restrictions apply. Ships' registry: Bahamas © 2009 Seabourn.

Reconnecting with friends and family is one of life’s great pleasures. That’s why

Seabourn has created our new Between Friends program to help you share your

vacation with the most important people in your life. Go yachting in Europe in 2009

AND INVITE two or more couples* and each couple will receive an onboard credit of

$1,500 for private shore excursions. That adds up to at least $4,500 per group

Through Seabourn Destinations, you can arrange a private group excursion with a guide and

private vehicle, and travel at your own pace and on your own terms. Allow us to customize a tour

to match the unique interests of your group. Or if you prefer, each couple can tour separately.

Seabourn's 2009 Europe program is our biggest and most comprehensive ever with four

yachts and over 60 departures that sail to virtually every corner of the continent. So why not

take advantage of this truly exceptional offer and make the joy of travel even more rewarding –

by sharing it with the people in your life who matter the most.

On closer review I think the reason most people won't be able to use the promo is everything is based on "PREVAILING Early Booking Savings fare". Of course most past passenger book early to get the max EBS or signature value savings. So this may have been a great advertising gimick the reality is that Seabourn is not going to be paying for many excursions.

Rebecca

Guess I won't waste my breath calling Adrianna or anyone else at Seabourn -- they seem to have covered all of their bets by stating that it excludes "any other promotions." Honestly, has anyone ever booked Seabourn at full fare?

Hi,

Just been advised that it is not combinable with the Grand Voyage savings when we are on the Pride so I am stumped how anyone can actually get this credit.

Jean

Hi Jean,

Was with you on Spirit last year in same winning trivia team. Agree that many of these offers are just meant to confuse. Consistency in pricing would be appreciated by everyone I think rather than special offers for different sectors of the market. Good luck with trying to get your OBC.

Archived