Carnival's Early saver program

ehogan

Hmmm. Now THAT I didn't know. I plan on paying it in full shortly and my cruise is not until August so that is very good to know.

I am sorry to confuse you... I did mean by the Final Payment Date that Carnival gives for the cruise you book, not when you actually make the final payment. :o

I just spoke with my PVP and was able to get a $313 reduction overall on price and move up two categories (8A to 8C) with the early saver. As she explained it, any change will be a $50 PP penalty. Also, the price can be reduced after final payment and credited as OBC up to 2 days before sailing. :) That savings almost covers plane tickets for us, so Im happy.

Once we decided on Baltimore port Carnival Pride, I ended up saving around $1000 on two 7a obstructed balconies. It was definitely worth it for us. So glad I did. The cruise is selling great and the prices keep going up.

Vicki

When we booked early saver, we actually got an extra $5 off the quoted early saver rate because we were past passengers (I know, it's not much, but it's something that wasn't posted and I wouldn't have even known about if Carnival hadn't given it to me).

You can't get an upgrade with early saver, but you can book any category for which they have cabins available, and it's usually still at quite a savings over the standard rates with free upgrades.

If you know how, when, and where you want to travel and are willing to take a bit of a risk (or insure against it), early saver offers some real savings. For us, it was $95 off posted past passenger rates (each) and about $150 off posted standard rates.

Also, you are protected and will get an OBC if any posted rate you qualify for (senior, resident, past passenger, military) is lower than the Early Saver rate up to two days before sailing. So if they hold a fire sale a week before sailing, you can take advantage of it.

I figure Carnival just paid for our gratuities and a few free drinks for this cruise already.

Between the past guest ($50) and the Early Saver Program ($350), we've saved $400 so far on our Nov 09 Mexican Riveria Cruise on the Spirit (8 day). I have seen a military discount on Vacations to Go for the same cruise, that gives us an additional $18 off (total), and I have let our PVP know about it...not much, but every bit helps in this economy. :)

Between the past guest ($50) and the Early Saver Program ($350), we've saved $400 so far on our Nov 09 Mexican Riveria Cruise on the Spirit (8 day). I have seen a military discount on Vacations to Go for the same cruise, that gives us an additional $18 off (total), and I have let our PVP know about it...not much, but every bit helps in this economy. :)

Just wondering how you used past guest and Early Savers program...only one is applicable.

"Between the past guest ($50) and the Early Saver Program ($350), we've saved $400 so far"

Just wondering how you used past guest and Early Savers program...only one is applicable.

I think in this case the OP is calling the $50 email credit that Carnival sends to some after they return if they book a cruise in 60 days "past guest". I've read several times that you can combine that with the Early Saver program.

I'm loving your PVP btw :) Thanks again and again :)

We received the initial $50 credit from our PVP when we booked our second cruise (within about two weeks of returning from our first cruise). The Early Saver Program was not yet in effect at that time. The other credit occurred as a result of converting to the Early Saver.

Have not received a response yet regarding the military discount.

Archived