Carnival's Early saver program

ehogan

Carnival is now giving you an option to book a cabin on an "Early Saver" program that guarantees you will always receive the lowest price for that cabin, even if the cabin price reduces after final payment. If you should cancel however, you lose $50 I think. The savings seem to be pretty good, however:

I went online to Carnival's booking site and it seems that the cabins that are available under this program are at the very front or very back of the ship. IMHO I think you might be better off booking a guarantee cabin and hope for an upgrade (we have almost always received an upgrade on an guarantee cabin) or paying a bit more, choosing a midship cabin.

Does anyone know if Carnival would still honor price reductions before final payment if you had chosen a cabin but not on the Early Saver program?

Carnival is now giving you an option to book a cabin on an "Early Saver" program that guarantees you will always receive the lowest price for that cabin, even if the cabin price reduces after final payment. If you should cancel however, you lose $50 I think. The savings seem to be pretty good, however:

I went online to Carnival's booking site and it seems that the cabins that are available under this program are at the very front or very back of the ship. IMHO I think you might be better off booking a guarantee cabin and hope for an upgrade (we have almost always received an upgrade on an guarantee cabin) or paying a bit more, choosing a midship cabin.

Does anyone know if Carnival would still honor price reductions before final payment if you had chosen a cabin but not on the Early Saver program?

The default cabin selection for the early saver is the lowest cabin in a particular cabin. You can change the category and see the different levels within a category, the rates are still cheaper than the 'normal' booking process.

My upcomng Destiny cruise, for example:

FUN EARLY

SAVER SAVER

BL 699 N/A

8A 749 649

8B 769 669

8C 779 679

8D 789 689

8E 794 694

The $50 fee is if you are changing your sail date, not completely cancelling - if you cancel the cruise then you forfeit the full deposit... (at least that is my understanding - can anyone confirm?)

I just posted this on another thread, but here you go. ;-) If you cancel your cruise, you will lose your $250 deposit. However, you can save the $200 (minus the $50 change fee) towards another cruise later, it just can't go towards the deposit, only the final payment. This is what my PVP told me when we booked on the Early Saver rate last week. Hope that makes sense.

The deposit amount of 250.00 is totally non refundable.... and if you have to make a change the change will cost you 50.00.

Absolutely correct. I saved $100 on a 5 night cruise using the Early Booking. So even if I have to make changes, I'm still ahead $50

The default cabin selection for the early saver is the lowest cabin in a particular cabin. You can change the category and see the different levels within a category, the rates are still cheaper than the 'normal' booking process.

My upcomng Destiny cruise, for example:

FUN EARLY

SAVER SAVER

BL 699 N/A

8A 749 649

8B 769 669

8C 779 679

8D 789 689

8E 794 694

That's what we did

I just posted this on another thread, but here you go. ;-) If you cancel your cruise, you will lose your $250 deposit. However, you can save the $200 (minus the $50 change fee) towards another cruise later, it just can't go towards the deposit, only the final payment. This is what my PVP told me when we booked on the Early Saver rate last week. Hope that makes sense.

And that would be per person........

Just to follow up my post regarding canceling a cruise on the Early Saver program, this is what my PVP told me:

Carnival will hold the money for a year. So they don't have to re-book right away, they just have to re-book within a year. When they book the new cruise and put down a new deposit the money from the old booking will be moved over against the balance.

That is how it was explained to me by my PVP as well. However, I only had to make a $150 deposit. But then again, I'm only going on a 4 day cruise so that's probably why.

By the way, this is of course up until final payment. Once final payment is made, it is the same as any regular booking. ;)

Hmmm. Now THAT I didn't know. I plan on paying it in full shortly and my cruise is not until August so that is very good to know.

Couple of things:

The Easy Saver deposit is totally nonrefundable.

Certain changes can be made for a 50.00 fee

Not all cabins on all ships on all sailings are available or offered.

Prior to final payment, price reductions for the same cabin category is usually honored.

Here's the info on Early Saver:

* Terms and Conditions:

Early Saver. Cruise rates are in US dollars, per person, based on double occupancy, capacity controlled and subject to change at any time without prior notice. Government taxes and fees are additional for all guests. A non-refundable and non-transferable deposit is required at the time of booking for all guests to secure confirmed accommodations. Fares are backed by a unique price protection policy. Full names are required for each guest. Offer is valid for new bookings only and is not combinable with any other discounted or promotional offer. Available on sailings starting on 5/1/09 for short cruises (5 days or less) and on 7/1/09 for long cruises (6 days or longer). Savings up to 25% per stateroom on short cruises (5 days or less), or up to 30% per stateroom on long cruises (6 days or longer). Or also stated in dollars, savings up to $150 per stateroom on short cruises (5 days or less), or up to $200 per stateroom on long cruises (6 days or longer).Savings are based on Super Saver rates and varies by sailings. Category restrictions and exclusions apply. No name changes are allowed. A $50 service fee may be assessed per person for ship and/or sail date changes made prior to the final payment due date. Cancellation penalties apply. Request Early Saver. Ships’ Registry: The Bahamas & Panama.

Price Protection. Price protection applies to new Early Saver bookings only and requires payment of a non-refundable and non-transferable deposit. Applies to cruise fare only. Applies only to a Carnival.com or Carnival advertised fare available to the general public and excludes group rates, membership programs, charters or other Travel Agent promotions not offered by Carnival to the general public, including but not limited to travel agent rebates. To submit a Price Protection claim, visit carnival.com/earlysaver. When submitting a rate lock request, you must provide the lower rate amount and where the rate can be found. Requests will be accepted up to two business days prior to sailing. Lower rate must be: (i) for the same ship, sail date, stateroom category and number of guests; (ii) be a Carnival advertised rate (iii) be available for booking at the time the request is reviewed by CarnivalÕs reservation agents. Verified rate difference is issued as an on-board credit. The on-board credit is non-refundable, non-transferable and has no cash value. Any unused portion of the onboard credit will be forfeited. Rate lock is not combinable with other promotions. Price protection will be subject to the prevailing fees and/or fuel supplement if applicable. Program subject to change at any time without prior notice.

The Company reserves the right to re-instate the fuel supplement for all guests at up to $9 per person per day if the NYMEX oil price exceeds $70 per barrel.

I believe they meant until final payment is due.......

Okay, now you are confusing me. (And today has been a looooong day. My brain is not working at full capacity.:o) I took what she meant to mean that once you have made final payment your booking is treated as anyone else's. Until that point, if you decide to cancel, there is a $50 penalty and the remainder would be used toward a future cruise.

Okay, now you are confusing me. (And today has been a looooong day. My brain is not working at full capacity.:o) I took what she meant to mean that once you have made final payment your booking is treated as anyone else's. Until that point, if you decide to cancel, there is a $50 penalty and the remainder would be used toward a future cruise.

On a 7 day cruise you can make final payment 300+days before its due.

The actual final payment due date is 76 days before sailing. It Carnivals date that counts.

Nope. ES has all those special terms and conditions up front, final payment or not. If you have not made final payment, your cruise price will be lowered. If you have, then you get OBC. If you book ES, you cannot change names...it's not upon final payment.

Archived