7 mile beach

Frassy

This depends on what area of 7 mile beach you are on and how many ships are in port. SeaGrape and Reef Grill/Royal Palms are popular sections with food and drink and rental chairs and umbrellas. The website for the Reef Grill/Royal Palms is http://www.reefgrill.com and they have webcams so you can see what it is like. Check out http://www.caymanport.com and see how many cruisers will be in port when you are there and then check out the webcams on a day that will have a similar number and that will give you a good idea of what to expect.

I hope this helps!

Enjoy!

We hire a cab at the pier and tell the driver we want to be away from the hotels and crowds. Lots of space even when multiple ships are in.

Do you know where is a good place to actually go at the beach......we are wanting to meet friends somewhere at the beach after we do the stingray tour but don't know where to meet up with them???? This will be our first time there.....they tell me we can get dropped off at 7 mile beach after our excursion but am not sure where they drop us off at .....whether we have a choice or they just drop us at a certain point???

7 mile beach is just that, a beach that is plus or minus 7 miles long. There are a lot of places to go. All depends on what you're looking for.

I found a great lagoon for snorkeling across the road from the Indies Suites. At least that was the name of the hotel in 2004. I hear it is now a dorm for the med students. There was a bar with drinks and snacks there along with plenty of chairs and tables.

there are puh-lenty of places to park your keester, its a LONG beach, hence the name.

We made camp on the beach in front of someone's private residence that sits on the beach, worried that they would ask us to move. Eventually they came out and hung out with us for a spell! No worries, mon!

We are looking to rent waverunners on 7 mile beach.

Anyone know where abouts to head to. (7 miles a bit long to walk looking)

Both the Royal Palms and Sea Grape sections have watersports rentals, I believe.

Both the Royal Palms and Sea Grape sections have watersports rentals, I believe.

Yes, Kirk Sea Tours is set up near Royal Palms. According to their website: "We offer Jet Ski rental a Single $65 and Double $85, rentals of snorkelling equipment starting at $15, umbrella rental at $10, Cameras , paddle boats at $20 and Kayak rentals for $20."

http://www.kirkseatours.com/diveshop.shtml

What about shopping areas? I don't mean anything fancy...

There are plenty of shops right along the street where the tenders dock. We caught a taxi when we got on shore and headed to Royal Palms. We were some of the first ones there (the RCCL ship hadn't started tendering people to shore yet). Here's a photo at Royal Palms looking south, and here's a photo looking north.

There are plenty of shops right along the street where the tenders dock. We caught a taxi when we got on shore and headed to Royal Palms. We were some of the first ones there (the RCCL ship hadn't started tendering people to shore yet). Here's a photo at Royal Palms looking south, and here's a photo looking north.

Do you know if it costs to rent those chairs there outside the Royal Palms? Not really interested in an umbrellla....just a few chairs. We are doing the stingray tour and are going to meet our friends at the beach afterwards....this might be a good place to tell them to meet up?? Thanks!

is there anyplace on the island that has a wider beach, don't care about any of the fancy stuff, just big pretty beach...:)

How wide do you mean by wide?

Most of the beaches I've been to are about the same width as Seven Mile. (Check out the webcams and pics listed earlier in this thread.)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived