Who Is Going On Silver Shadow For 10 Days Leaving FLL On November 22, 2009?

cechase

Well folks, just made my final payment and in about 103 days will see all of you. Am really excited about this cruise, and it will be my first cruise solo.

I did notice that they have added more to the shore excursion list, including some in Nassau.

We are due to pay ours in 2 weeks, love trivial pursuit, dh good at music questions, me not that good, can not wait until november,been so busy, just had new grandaughter 2 days ago, that makes three all under three.

Congratulations on your new granddaughter, and your return to Cruise Critic. I was hoping to meet you at the Embasssy Suites where I am staying for the night before the cruise. However, US Airways decided to change their schedule, so now I will be arriving in FLL at 10:30 p.m. That is pretty late, and guess it is go to bed, and then get up and arrive at Silver Shadow for early embarkation in the morning.

Hello everyone, this is my first post to this website and it will be our first Silverseas cruise. We were scheduled for a 7 day Regent cruise over Thanksgiving but as many of you might be aware; Regent canceled this cruise. We are very excited about our 10 day SS cruise. We love Regent cruiseline so we are anxious to see how the cruiselines compare.

Hello everyone, this is my first post to this website and it will be our first Silverseas cruise. We were scheduled for a 7 day Regent cruise over Thanksgiving but as many of you might be aware; Regent canceled this cruise. We are very excited about our 10 day SS cruise. We love Regent cruiseline so we are anxious to see how the cruiselines compare.

Hi Pvillegal

Welcome to Cruise Critic and the Silversea board! I'm sure you will have a wonderful cruise on SS. Please let us all know how you enjoyed your cruise.

Cheers

ging466

Hi Pvillegal, and welcome to our small group who will celebrate Thanksgiving on St. Thomas this year. While I have not been on Regent, have been on Silversea, and specifically Silver Shadow and am sure that you will be pleased. Great ship and great crew.

Welcome Pvillegal,

I'm sure you will enjoy the Shadow. We cruised with Regent this year and are looking forward to returning to Silversea.

We just got some great news, our friends from New York, who we have cruised with before will be joining us for this cruise. We look forward to meeting everyone soon.

Joe

sorry we won't be on this one; we just came off the shadow in Alaska and decided to cancel this one and go next year on the Spirit at the same time only a year out. I will miss all the crew as they will still be on board in Nov.especially David the c.d. Marilyn and Oliver in the Bar(my favorite spot) have fun !

:)hi everybody, well now fully paid up and really ready to go, autumn is now here, and it has got cold, well colder did not really have a summer, does anyone know what post cruise transfers if any they do in fort lauderdale, as we don't fly untill late afternoon,
Last December we opted to take a taxi rather than a post cruise transfer to get to the FLL airport. There were ample taxis despite the large number of cruise ships arriving in port that day, and it cost roughly $20 - far cheaper than the post cruise transfer.

• 2 weeks later...

Me too, Charlie!:D Just trying to figure out how we are all going to know each other. Since most of us are doing early embark., I guess I'll just go around to everyone I see and ask if they are from CC. I'll either get a "yes" or they'll look at me as if I'm crazy. We will be boarding at 11:30.

Me too, Charlie!:D Just trying to figure out how we are all going to know each other. Since most of us are doing early embark., I guess I'll just go around to everyone I see and ask if they are from CC. I'll either get a "yes" or they'll look at me as if I'm crazy. We will be boarding at 11:30.

Should be easy. Like many of the passengers, I am a "seasoned citizen", and will probably be pulling a small portable oxygen concentrator [although have been weaned way down since I left two months of hospitalization behind me earlier this year]. I have also been confirmed for early embarkation, and will be aboard around 11:00 a.m. If after asking everyone for an hour or so, just call 610!

Charlie, we are in 611:D small world, isn't it.

Joe, I'll either be wearing an "American Patriot" sweatshirt or 1 that says "AdoptAGoldenAtlanta". Look for a tall, thin, blonde with short hair and a big grin.

We have another couple joining us. They called me today. We met them on our 2006 cruise, (the same 1 you were on Charlie) and met thme again last year in Dec.. They will be on the Shadow for 25 days. They are doing our Ft. L. to Ft. L cruise. Then Ft. L. to Barbados and then Barbados to Ft. L. Their names are Heinz and Ellen. He is a retired ecomomics professor from Cornell. They have been with SS so you amy have run into them. He is 85 and just a wonderful man, highly intelligent, brillant conversationalist and full of fun. He said we should all meet at the Pool Bar. Sounds like a plan to me. They are doing early embark also.

Look at how similar these two are, from this year to the next. This year's is on the Shadow, next year's will be on the newbuild Spirit though.

-----------------------------

Fort Lauderdale to Fort Lauderdale

Fort Lauderdale, Florida to Fort Lauderdale, Florida

10 Days - Silver Shadow - Voyage 3930

Date Day Port Arrive Depart

22 Nov 2009 Sun Fort Lauderdale, Florida 6:00 PM

23 Nov 2009 Mon Nassau, Bahamas 8:00 AM 4:00 PM

24 Nov 2009 Tue Day At Sea

25 Nov 2009 Wed Samana, Dominican Republic 8:00 AM 6:00 PM

26 Nov 2009 Thu Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas, USVI Noon 8:00 PM

27 Nov 2009 Fri Basseterre, St. Kitts 8:00 AM 6:00 PM

28 Nov 2009 Sat Gustavia, St. Bart's 8:00 AM 11:00 PM

29 Nov 2009 Sun Road Town, Tortola, Bvi 8:00 AM 3:00 PM

30 Nov 2009 Mon Day At Sea

01 Dec 2009 Tue Day At Sea

02 Dec 2009 Wed Fort Lauderdale, Florida 8:00 AM

------------------------------

Fort Lauderdale to Fort Lauderdale

Fort Lauderdale, Florida to Fort Lauderdale, Florida

10 Days - Silver Spirit - Voyage 5039

Date Day Port Arrive Depart

22 Nov 2010 Mon Fort Lauderdale, Florida 5:00 PM

23 Nov 2010 Tue Day At Sea

24 Nov 2010 Wed Grand Turk, Turks & Caicos 8:00 AM 5:00 PM

25 Nov 2010 Thu Day At Sea

26 Nov 2010 Fri St. John's, Antigua 8:00 AM 7:00 PM

27 Nov 2010 Sat Gustavia, St. Bart's 8:00 AM 11:00 PM

28 Nov 2010 Sun Basseterre, St. Kitts 8:00 AM 7:00 PM

29 Nov 2010 Mon SPANISH TOWN 8:00 AM 5:00 PM

30 Nov 2010 Tue Day At Sea

01 Dec 2010 Wed Day At Sea

02 Dec 2010 Thu Fort Lauderdale, Florida 8:00 AM

---------------------------

And next year's will be roughly 2x$1,000 cheaper for a couple in a verandah, both including airfare. Won't that be nice? Why not delay one year and save $2,000, enough for two round trip air tickets to Europe!

For 2009

Midship Veranda Suite $8,895 $5,337 40%

Veranda Suite $8,495 $5,097 40%

Terrace $7,495 $4,497 40%

Vista Suite $6,795 $4,077 40%

For 2010

Midship Veranda Suite $10,795 $4,318 60%

Veranda Suite $10,295 $4,118 60%

Vista Suite $9,295 $3,718 60%

So at least in some cases (a cursory search will show a substantial number), Silversea does give real discounts (actually come down in real price from one year to the next). This is already better than some of the other cruise lines.

P.S. The only trouble is, the 2009 voyage is already in its penalty period. If we were on such a voyage, we would have paid attention a couple of months ago! This thread was actually started in February, 2009. Of course, there are people to whom time is of essence, and they have to travel when they can or wish, we understand that.

I am not a big fan of specific pricing discussions because I think they just cause hard feelings and such, but in comparing 2009 to 2010, one ship to another, etc., unless you consider the $1000 obc and air credit, then it is not apples to apples on comparing apples to apples. Of course, these are time-sensitive promos.

I could easily compare this past June's Barcelona itinerary to the Spirit's and see a big shift, but the ports were not the same, and June was not a holiday sailing. I could compare what we paid for our Regent Voyager Christmas sailing last year to this one on Spirit (works out favorably) or compare to the Africa/Seychelles Silversea voyage (that we would have been on when our December 9 got changed to a Mumbai cruise) that SS is doing at Christmas that was just too much for us to rationalize after what we were booked on for the canceled same (reverse) itinerary. How does one do it? I think one has to do the per diem method and then go look at the promo offers of one sailing vs. the other to get a bottom line comparison.

Archived