Parking at port in fort lauderdale

Sharon Le

If I recall correctly, I believe we paid about $12.00 per day.

In Miami, on the other hand, we recently paid $15.00, or more.

It would not surprise me if these rates have increased recently.

One of the nice things about the parking garage at FLL is its close proximity to the ship. It's just a short walk.

What is the daily parking fee at port everglades? We'll be gone for 7 days? Do they have a speical weekly fee?

If you want to save a bit there is a Park 'n' Fly lot just off the cruise port that you will most likely have a free day coupon for in you documents. They have frequent shuttles and are very convenient. Here is a recent thread on them.

Rich

Thanks for all the info. We have a coupon for 1 free day with the "park N fly" in our cruise documents but are not sure what we're gonna do yet. In the past we've parked at the port and had a pretty good walk to the pier. Does anyone know if the "park N fly" parking is covered?

Thanks for all the info. We have a coupon for 1 free day with the "park N fly" in our cruise documents but are not sure what we're gonna do yet. In the past we've parked at the port and had a pretty good walk to the pier. Does anyone know if the "park N fly" parking is covered?

Last October my van was covered but not enclosed. It looked like they were installing covers on more of the lot.

Rich

If you spend one night at the La Quinta Inn you can park for free at their hotel for up to 30 days. We use it every time we leave out of that port and have never had a problem there.

You get up the day of the cruise refreshed and ready to have a great day rather than tired from a long drive prior to entering the ship.

Ruth & Jim

If you spend one night at the La Quinta Inn you can park for free at their hotel for up to 30 days. We use it every time we leave out of that port and have never had a problem there.

You get up the day of the cruise refreshed and ready to have a great day rather than tired from a long drive prior to entering the ship.

Ruth & Jim

Which La Quinta are you referring to, Jim?

We use the one south of the port that runs about $110.00 per night. It is next to the large mall.

I think all of the offer the free parking.

What I would do is call them and ask them about it.

We stay at that particular one because we know where it is at, like the closeness to the mall, have gotten great service there, and are too old and lazy to try something new...

Ruth & Jim

Which La Quinta are you referring to, Jim?

Cruzman,

La Quinta in question is on N. 26th Ave @ Sheridan Rd. This is south of both the airport and cruise terminal. Free shuttle to the ship, but no pick-up on return.

• 2 weeks later...
If you park at the pier ($15 per day), can you pay with a credit card as you leave? Also is is per 24 hour period or per day (10 day cruise 11 calendar days).
Yes, credit cards are fine, and it's per 24 hr day. The times we have parked we have gotten in around 11:00a and out around 8:00a to 9:00a, and so have paid $15 x the number of cruise nights. I don't know if there's any "grace" time if you run over a little on the last day.

Yes, credit cards are fine, and it's per 24 hr day. The times we have parked we have gotten in around 11:00a and out around 8:00a to 9:00a, and so have paid $15 x the number of cruise nights. I don't know if there's any "grace" time if you run over a little on the last day.

Thanks!

Oh, forgot to ask, how far a walk is it from the parking garage to the ship? (approx)

Host Dan

Thanks!

Oh, forgot to ask, how far a walk is it from the parking garage to the ship? (approx)

Host Dan

If you leave from pier 26 (the usual) it's across the street. The occasional HAL pier 21 is connected to the mid-port garage by a walkway, so that's the same distance, really. Now if you happen to go on a busy weekend and leave from pier 29 it's a bus-ride away (but the bus is free).

If you'd like a port map, email me. :)

The port publishes a schedule of which ships will be at which piers on a rolling 3 to 4 day basis, so if look a few days before you leave you can get the pier number.

http://www.broward.org/port/shipschedule.htm

I see you're sailing in March, so I doubt very much if you'll go out of pier 29. They only use that on busy summer weekends.

Cruisett.com says there will be 9 other ships leaving Port Everglades on 3/14, including the Eurodam and the Oosterdam (on its way to Europe). If that's true, the Eurodam will probably get pier 26, Noordam or Oosterdam will get 21, and whoever gets unlucky will likely get 29.

If that's the case, first drive down to 29 to drop off your bags with a porter and then go back to the mid-port garage to park. When you come back on the 24th you'll most likely dock at 26 (since you'll be the only HAL ship) and you then walk across the street to get your car. :)

I'm sending you a port map at hostdan@cru...

Archived