Dear Carnival: PLEASE Don't Take Our Meatballs Away!

Rowan555

I am saddened by the rumor that food is no longer being served at the Captain's Cocktail Party. I can really do without the other little treats, but we LOVE those little meatballs and would be sad to see them go. Do we NEED more food just before or after dinner? Well, no..... But those meatballs are a Carnival tradition I don't want to see go away. We'll be on the Fantasy again in April - and I'm crossing my fingers that there will be meatballs waiting for me at the captain's party. And if that's not possible, at least let me trade in those yucky canapes and petit fours I get for being platinum for a BIG plate of meatballs ;)

No food at Captain's cocktail party last week on the Glory. And I agree with you on those canapes and petie fores. They can do away with them, they are really bad!!!! Give us something good like a chocolate chip cookie

Is the captains part only for past cruisers?

No, there are two separate parties. The Captain's cocktail party is the same evening as the first elegant dinner and everyone is welcome. The party for past guests is held on another evening (usually the second elegant evening).

LOVE THOSE MEATBALLS!! :D

Seems to be mixed reports on food still being served at the Captain's party. Some say they did have food recently.....others did not.

So far, it sounds like there are still hors d'oeuvres at the Past Guest party, though.

I love the chicken dumplings, too! I could do without the salmon mousse stuff on a cracker - although it provides great entertainment to look around the room and watch people take a bite of those things - the looks on their faces are great. Those things are nasty!

I still think it comes off as cheap not to offer a little food at the captain's party. It also helps to have a little something to soak up the alcohol with. :eek:

LOVE THOSE MEATBALLS!! :D

Seems to be mixed reports on food still being served at the Captain's party. Some say they did have food recently.....others did not.

So far, it sounds like there are still hors d'oeuvres at the Past Guest party, though.

No food on the Liberty last month either......and, the selection of cocktails was reduced.

Past guest party wise likewise thin. Salmon and chicken on toast points...plenty of drinks though.

And if that's not possible, at least let me trade in those yucky canapes and petit fours I get for being platinum for a BIG plate of meatballs ;)

Oh, that would be an excellent trade (and upgrade) for sure!

I don't eat things that can't be identified, so that includes a couple of those canapes that aren't from this Earth, and a few of the petit fours that look like they came from a baby diaper. :eek:

I don't alway get the cocktail meatballs, but would certainly still make the mentioned trade. :)

We had no meatballs on Splendor's New Years cruise. I was very disappointed... I too don't care for any of the other food but loved those meatballs! :( Since they're still on some ships and not others I wonder if they're being gradually phased out.

Looks like Gerry Cahill strikes again... :mad:

Archived