Mercury - Side cabin

Sunbeam56

We are booked on the Mercury for the Wine Cruise sailing on October 12th. We booked cabin 8096; it is a side cabin.

As anyone ever cruised in that cabin? We were a bit curious on the set-up.

Hi, I have had a sideways cabin a few different times:)

The set up...when you walk into the cabin the bed will be to

the right or left (depending on which side of the ship you are on)

I can only give you my thoughts (others might think differently)

but I love the sideways cabins. Might be in my mind only,

but it feels a bit roomier than a regular cabin;)..not by

much but I really liked it:)

And I have your cabin the next time I sail Mercury too, which

is in December:D

What are the odds! We were on Celebrity Mercury, room 8096, January 15-31/09. This was our first cruise and we thought that the room was excellent. It was more spacious than we had expected. The location was central to everything - easy access to the pool, restaurants and the evening entertainment. There was lots of storage/closet space, the bed was comfortable - no complaints. I am a very light sleeper and usually wear ear plugs when travelling. The room was very quiet and we never heard any of the neighbours. When walking into the room, the bed is to your left and the closet and bathroom is to your right.

What are the odds! We were on Celebrity Mercury, room 8096, January 15-31/09. This was our first cruise and we thought that the room was excellent. It was more spacious than we had expected. The location was central to everything - easy access to the pool, restaurants and the evening entertainment. There was lots of storage/closet space, the bed was comfortable - no complaints. I am a very light sleeper and usually wear ear plugs when travelling. The room was very quiet and we never heard any of the neighbours. When walking into the room, the bed is to your left and the closet and bathroom is to your right.

Thanks for the post:)glad you enjoyed the cabin!

• 8 months later...

We returned from our cruise on October 23rd and we did enjoy cabin 8096.

It does feel a bit spacious, I think it is because there is a chair that is not included because of the location of the door compared to a regular inside cabin. We still loved the set up.

We heard weird noises several nights (but not all nights), especially between midnight and 2 am and only at sea at night. I think it is because the captain was going faster and the ship was rocking quite a bit. There is a little room between cabin 8096 and cabin 8088 and one day the door was open and we could see a bunch of pipes.

We reported the problem several times and our cabin stewart even heard them one evening. It was a vibration in the floor and "clanking" in between the bathroom and the closet.

I hope they solve the problem. We even mentioned it on our evaluation at the end of the cruise.

Archived