Pools heated?

jerseygirl3

Jerseygirl3,

Both the main and the thallassotherapy pools (the thallassotherapy pool is the one located in front of the spa) on the Oceania ships are filled with chlorinated salt water.

Deck_09.jpg

The T pool is heated very much like a hot tub would be, and is located on its' own semi sheltered little deck (however, you'll need to use this pool in conjunction with the spa).

http://www.bookoceaniacruises.com/spa.htm

67_429_lfs_8_hottub_320_07APR04.jpg

The hot tubs, near the main pool, are always heated to around 105 degrees Farenheit (40.555 Celsius), no matter the outside temperature.

The main pool (which is about 6 feet deep, except for those toe deep edges) is not normally heated, but has the facility to be heated (by the engine exhaust heat) if the crew so chooses.

34723782.jpg

Unfortunately, the demand for the pools will likely be so light on a March transatlantic that it seems doubtful that they will bother.

Remember, the R ship main pools, and the dual hot tubs, though in a sheltered location, are completely open to the elements.

pooldeck1.jpg

Hope this helped-

S&J

I found the pool temp to be fine but the hot tubs are barely warm. I always figured it was so as not to shock any of those elderly hearts....but I could be wrong!

Anyway for me they are hardly worth the effort of getting wet. The thallassotherapy tub is better, but still not great as far as temp goes.

Mo

here is from the FAQ section

The Pool Deck on Deck 9 is the focal point for all outdoor activities and features a heated saltwater swimming pool, two freshwater whirlpools and a beautiful teak lido deck

We have always found the pool to be warm except when they first fill it up.

Don

the umbrellas are just on the tables in front of the pool bar...easy to miss if you are not looking!;)

Don

the umbrellas are just on the tables in front of the pool bar...easy to miss if you are not looking!;)

Oops -- I got swung around, somehow, and thought I was looking at tables set up on the aft end of the pool deck by the stage. Looking again, I got a more accurate perspective.

jerseygirl, those pools are small, small, small. I actually tried to do some laps in September, but I could only take three strokes before having to turn around. IMO (claiming expertise as a Jersey Shore native), they are should be called dipping, not swimming, pools.:)

Archived