1Nt Pre Radisson Sas Scandinavia W/Xfers $326.00

2Nt Pre Radisson Sas Scandinavia W/Trsf $591.00

3Nt Pre Radisson Sas Scandinavia W/Xfers $856.00

1Nt Pre Copenhagen Marriott Hotel W/Xfer $352.00

2Nt Pre Copenhagen Marriott Hotel W/Xfer $634.00

3Nt Pre Copenhagen Marriott Hotel W/Xfer $915.00

Hope this helps.

Mike

Although getting a room through the TA or cruiseline does offer some convenience I guess (e.g., transfers?), you can do much better on price if you do it yourself. We got a room at the Copenhagen Marriott for one night before our cruise for $150 USD total - for 3 people. According to the info quoted above, that would have cost us over $1,000 if we'd gone through Azamara. By the way, we got our room through priceline.

Sam

I booked a room at the Square directly for appx $155.00 usd.

We are on the July 12th Journy cruise.

We would love to know which hotel plus did you already pay for tranfers? We did, through our TA. If you did, how do we arrange that? We are on the Journey July 12, 2009 also. Thank you:)

Although getting a room through the TA or cruiseline does offer some convenience I guess (e.g., transfers?), you can do much better on price if you do it yourself. We got a room at the Copenhagen Marriott for one night before our cruise for $150 USD total - for 3 people. According to the info quoted above, that would have cost us over $1,000 if we'd gone through Azamara. By the way, we got our room through priceline.

Sam

I just tried and it is $345 for one night?:eek: When did you book? Thank you!:)

Hi, we are also on 12th July sailing and after much research have booked Copenhagen Island. We got a good rate including breakfast through one of the big online hotel booking sites. Whilst this hotel is further away from the centre of Copenhagen we felt it might be quieter as many of the reviews we read mentioned problems with noise in some of the more central hotels. We plan to get a taxi to the ship.

Vivien

• 2 weeks later...

Azamara is convenient, but at a very high price. Shop around, and book privately. We booked our precruise and post cruise stays in Barcelona and Copenhagen and saved lots of $$$$. Taking a taxi from/to ship/airport or hotel is also cheaper than Azamara transfers.

• 1 month later...

Adina Apartment Hotel Copenhagen is a nice place to stay; it has reasonable rates and the rooms include a kitchen or kitchenette. It is located within walking distance of the port and the Little Mermaid and is also close to the metro. Public transit is wonderful in Copenhagen.

Azamara is convenient, but at a very high price. Shop around, and book privately. We booked our precruise and post cruise stays in Barcelona and Copenhagen and saved lots of $$$$. Taking a taxi from/to ship/airport or hotel is also cheaper than Azamara transfers.

Please...look around...as other CC members have said...and you can find much better deals...we do it all the time! LuAnn

I booked one night post cruise in Copenhagen on Orbitz. Hilton at the airport for 133 plus tax for June 6th. I had tried on Priceline for weeks trying to score the Marriott but I don't think they are offering it at this time for my date.

I booked one night post cruise in Copenhagen on Orbitz. Hilton at the airport for 133 plus tax for June 6th. I had tried on Priceline for weeks trying to score the Marriott but I don't think they are offering it at this time for my date.

Hi karolm...we're on the same Journey sailing! We bid mid March on Priceline and got the Copenhagen Marriot for June 6 & 7 for only $91.00 plus tax. I was totally surprised when they accepted our first offer! For those who've never used PL...it's worth a try if you are NOT set on staying at a particular hotel. You'll be able to choose a particular location and hotel star level...which has always worked well for us. It will save you LOTS of $$$ over booking thru the cruiseline.

Cya soon karolm!

Trudy

• 2 weeks later...

We were able to get few rooms at Marriott before and after the cruise on priceline between 100-112 a night + tax . Just select 4 star in Copenhagen area and start your bid at $95 or $100. Not all of the dates available. June 23rd wasn't available.

• 1 month later...

We were able to book the Copenhagen Marriott for 7/22 - 7/24, before we board the Journey on the 24th, for Marriott points. If any has Marriott points, its definetly the way to go!

Susan

• 2 weeks later...

Although I booked a room at the Hilton at a reasonable rate, everything else was out of sight. The metro/train is 30K a ride ($6). WE bought a roundtrip ticket at the Hilton for 125K. Admission to most places is expensive. There are no discounts for AARP or senior/handicap rates. No educator rates. It was the only place that ever charged me for glass of tap water (8K)....it did have ice. Food was very expensive. We ate lunch at S.A.R.S. in Nyhaven. Nice lunch. I had a salad with a piece of salmon and water. My spouse had fried fish with fries and a beer. Cost us about $55 Also, if you use a foreign credit card, there is an additional 3.75% fee added to the check. We ate dinner at BurgerKing at the airport( $20 for hamburger, fries and a coke) It was better than eating at the Hilton where one hamburger was $30. For breakfast before our plane, we ate at the airport after going through security. Choices were good, but prices were still very high. I wanted to buy a bottle of water . A small bottle was $6.....I resisted. Airplane had good water.

We just returned home after a wonderful cruise on the Journey followed by a 2-night stay in Copenhagen. A fellow CC poster, FirstinClass, gave us a very good hint. There is only one 4-star hotel in Copenhagen that lists with Priceline so if you bid on 4-star, you will get the Marriott.

We bid $100.00/night for June 6 and 7 and got it! It is a very nice hotel indeed.

When we got there they asked us if we wanted to upgrade to an Executive suite for $100.00/day. After some hesitation, we did, and it was wll worth it. It included use of the club room where there were snacks, cold drinks all day, appetizers and free drinks at night, and a very nice breakfast each morning. When you consider the cost of food in Copenhagen, it was a very good deal. (Breakfast can be as much as $60.00 for 2)

It also inclued all drinks and snacks in the mini bar in the room! Amazing! It was well worth the extra $100 and we did not regret upgrading for one minute. Plus it gave us a place to hang out with other cruising friends.

Sheila

We just returned home after a wonderful cruise on the Journey followed by a 2-night stay in Copenhagen. A fellow CC poster, FirstinClass, gave us a very good hint. There is only one 4-star hotel in Copenhagen that lists with Priceline so if you bid on 4-star, you will get the Marriott.

We bid $100.00/night for June 6 and 7 and got it! It is a very nice hotel indeed.

When we got there they asked us if we wanted to upgrade to an Executive suite for $100.00/day. After some hesitation, we did, and it was wll worth it. It included use of the club room where there were snacks, cold drinks all day, appetizers and free drinks at night, and a very nice breakfast each morning. When you consider the cost of food in Copenhagen, it was a very good deal. (Breakfast can be as much as $60.00 for 2)

It also inclued all drinks and snacks in the mini bar in the room! Amazing! It was well worth the extra $100 and we did not regret upgrading for one minute. Plus it gave us a place to hang out with other cruising friends.

Sheila

That sounds like a good deal (and great advice about Priceline)!

Archived