Second solo a big success

cheffip

Recently got back from my second solo trip (I have been on a total of six cruises). It was 10 nights on Celebrity Galaxy and I had a great time. It was a great itinerary, great food, great weather and I met lots of great people. I did have to change tables a couple of times to get a really compatible group of people but the assistant maitre d' was very accommodating and sympathetic so anyone in the same boat (excuse the pun) should not be shy about changing. I was also a little more adventurous in booking private tours rather than ship's tours and these worked out fine. I had booked using the Celebrity Xciting deals so the overall price and the single supplement were very reasonable as well. This is a great forum to encourage people to try the solo route and I'm certainly looking forward to solo number 3. :)

Recently got back from my second solo trip (I have been on a total of six cruises). It was 10 nights on Celebrity Galaxy and I had a great time. It was a great itinerary, great food, great weather and I met lots of great people. I did have to change tables a couple of times to get a really compatible group of people but the assistant maitre d' was very accommodating and sympathetic so anyone in the same boat (excuse the pun) should not be shy about changing. I was also a little more adventurous in booking private tours rather than ship's tours and these worked out fine. I had booked using the Celebrity Xciting deals so the overall price and the single supplement were very reasonable as well. This is a great forum to encourage people to try the solo route and I'm certainly looking forward to solo number 3. :)

Welcome back and glad you had such a good time:D

Who was your Maitr'd?:) And who was your waiter?

We did the same cruise..only a few weeks apart.;)

So, when are you sailing again? I am going on a short one

in April on CENTURY and then I have a longer one booked on

MERCURY in December.:) 9 nights out of Baltimore!

Hi Lois

It was really a great time. My waiter was Andre, from Romania I believe. I liked the fact that he wasn't shy about making recommendations each day (and they were always a great choice:D). It was also nice to see Mihaela again, a really sweet person who I had first met on Horizon in 2005. She's still dividing her time between wine at dinner and the Cova Cafe. I'm not sure what my next cruise will be. I envy you your upcoming Century/Mercury trips. I really like this trio of ships. Too bad only Century will be left. :(

Are you planning to try out the Solstice/Equinox class again soon?

-Phil

Hi Phil:)

I have nothing booked for the big ships yet:rolleyes:...Solstice is beautiful

but she really is bigger than what I am used to.....

Are you on the East Coast? Mercury is sailing from Baltimore

and Charleston at the end of this year and going into 2010....

you might look at that;)

Hi again Lois

Mercury sounds good. I know you really like it. Since I've only done Caribbean cruises til now, another option I'm looking at is Century in the Mediterranean this autumn. Prices are already good for an inside in October though no deals on the single supplement yet.:( Imagine pulling out of Portofino at dusk with a drink in hand at Century's Sunset Bar! Wow!:D

-Phil

Archived