Anyone else just enjoy time in their cabin?

dyslexic pirate

I always hear/read about cruisers saying they don't care what type of cabin they get because they don't spend much time in there anyway.

I enjoy a nice cabin/suite/balcony cuz I do like to spend time in there.

Although there are lots of activities on board and fancy restaurants sometimes I like the peace and quiet and the solitude of my cabin/balcony. Watch a movie/nap/do yoga/hang out on the balcony reading a book.

The weird thing is that it's like a guilty pleasure as there seems to be so much pressure not to spend any time in the cabin.

One of our fondest memories from our last cruise was bringing back burgers and fries to the cabin around midnight and just eating and talking about the exciting day on whatever island and the upcoming adventure to whereever the next day. The kids still talk about that and how they look forward to the next time...which is less than a month away!

Sitting on the balcony is one of our favorite things. We have a private Happy Hour and discuss the world and just enjoy each others company. We often get up in the night just to go out there and sit either alone or together. I don't think I would take a cruise if I couldn't get a balcony.

We usually have breakfast then head to the pool area. Pretty soon it gets a littel too noisey for us and we go back to our room and spill out on the balcony. Nice to sit there reading a book knowing you're going 20 mph. Sure beats looking out our window at our neighbors house. We usually spend a couple hours a day in our room. Gotta get our nap too.

We've only been on 2 cruises so far but the balcony was one of the highlights on both of them! Watching the Alaskan coastline til midnight from our bed was amazing! In Hawaii we spent most of the 10 days in port but we still used that balcony a lot so for us it was worth it. In fact, we had booked an OV for Hawaii and got an upsell to a balcony for ~$100 a few weeks before the cruise. I'm sure we would have loved the cruise with an OV but the balcony was wonderful. Our next cruise will be around SA and we booked a balcony, hoping for more stunning scenery and a place to get away from it all and just take it all in.

On our Alaska cruise we had an aft balcony..loved it! We invited some new friends back to our cabin and as we sailed through Tracy Arm we hung out on the balcony and drank some champagne and munched on some canapes (that the butler delivered at just the right time)...it was lovely!

DH likes to get a nap in the afternoon or right before dinner....I'm less inclined to do so, but I will join him sometimes. ;)

there are so many things onboard a cruise to do..fun thing s can be

doing nothing at all..and that place would be in our cabin/balcony..

i know..that after each excursion..we grab a few grubs at the

Blue Lagoon and take it back to the cabin to unwind..

Everybody cruises for different reasons. You have found yours!!! With a cabin priority, you can look at close by cheap cruises. :)

I've got problems remembering specifics about ships I've been on. :) I just went on #60 in January, so it definately isn't of much interest to me. My priority now, is for where the cruise can take me cheap. :)

I always hear/read about cruisers saying they don't care what type of cabin they get because they don't spend much time in there anyway.

Although there are lots of activities on board and fancy restaurants sometimes I like the peace and quiet and the solitude of my cabin/balcony. Watch a movie/nap/do yoga/hang out on the balcony reading a book.

The weird thing is that it's like a guilty pleasure as there seems to be so much pressure not to spend any time in the cabin.

For us, the best part of a cruise is waking up in the morning (knowing you have no obligations for the day), and walking out on the balcony to discover what exists today beyond those curtains. It is the essence of paradise.

Folks who cruise in an inside cabin miss out on that experience. The beauty of the passing ocean, and the spectacular visuals that each port provides, are what distinguishes a cruise from all other vacations.

The experience of a suite, and the added benefits it provides, is a separate issue altogether. The only problem is that you never want to leave, and end up missing out on the rest of the ship.

Don't get me wrong; if you are satisfied with an inside cabin --- more power to you. I am glad that so many people book insides, as it frees up more balconies and suites for those of us who know better.

I have only gone on one cruise, but having a nice room to go back to and a balcony to sit out on and relax was one of the highlights for us! There is a lot of action going on outside of the room and you are on a ship!! It is nice to be able to get away!! Although I wouldn't sacrifice a cruise holding out for a balcony room is price is an issue. Being on the ship is the important part!!

You'd think with my CC name, I'd be more interested in getting the cheapest cabin and cruising more often. NOT! We have cruised only once in an inside cabin, and I would rather cruise less often than cruise in another inside cabin. We spend lots of time in our cabins, and sitting out on the balcony watching the ocean go by, watching port cities appear/disappear over the horizon, reading, snoozing, ahhh, that's what cruising is all about for us.

We spend lots of time in our suite or out on the balcony. We don't spend lots of time out and about on the ship, preferring to relax on our balcony to nap or read a good book.

NCL suites are highly addictive and we opted to cruise less often but to book a suite when we do cruise.

I'm a less time in cabin type. Last cruise with DD made us laugh she was 14. We were going to lectures about the ports we were visiting or jewelry lectures/unveilings (Wife loves these) and DD just slept through till noon.

I think she likes not having homework to complete and usual chores and stuff to do and just makes the most of it. When we are on port she'd probably be happy with the 4 hour condensed tour to the ones where museums are included.

I love our balcony cabins too. It is so nice to retreat from the loud pool music, get back after an excursion, and be able to retreat to sun, relax and read a good book watching the water and the scenery. Next best thing to heaven, I imagine.:)

For us, the best part of a cruise is waking up in the morning (knowing you have no obligations for the day), and walking out on the balcony to discover what exists today beyond those curtains. It is the essence of paradise.

Folks who cruise in an inside cabin miss out on that experience. The beauty of the passing ocean, and the spectacular visuals that each port provides, are what distinguishes a cruise from all other vacations.

The experience of a suite, and the added benefits it provides, is a separate issue altogether. The only problem is that you never want to leave, and end up missing out on the rest of the ship.

Don't get me wrong; if you are satisfied with an inside cabin --- more power to you. I am glad that so many people book insides, as it frees up more balconies and suites for those of us who know better.

i'm being a bit sassy but can't a person go anywhere anytime and look out just like you can if your in a balcony???? it does take more of an effort but they won't miss out on anything they don't want to miss seeing just because they are in an iside cabin..........i have booked various types of cabins and inside is fine with me....

Oh, and sitting out on your balcony at night, watching for lights from shore, or another passing ship. Unbelievable. I also like to keep my balcony door open at night to hear the water. I never sleep as well as I do when I cruise.

You are exactly describing how I like to cruise. DH goes to the pool deck and hangs out. I sit on the balcony and read or think or nap.

Viv

You are exactly describing how I like to cruise. DH goes to the pool deck and hangs out. I sit on the balcony and read or think or nap.

Viv

I had to laugh at this one. Sometimes, Chris or I will be in the cabin and we make frowny faces at each other, like go find somewhere else to be. I want to be alone! I usually win! She's more easy going than me.:)

You know I used to say this-until I booked my first balcony. LOVE those balconies-and I found with a baloney that I spend lots of time in my room looking out at the ocean.

You know I used to say this-until I booked my first balcony. LOVE those balconies-and I found with a baloney that I spend lots of time in my room looking out at the ocean.

Do you have that on white or rye? ;) LOL JK!!!

I have often "mistyped" like that too...but usually catch it before I post!

I agree with the above posts. Before I had my first Balcony cabin I was in the group of people that could not wait to get out of the cabin and do the next thing. The first Balcony cabin changed all of that and I only spend maybe half the time out of the cabin that I used to now as I love my quiet time with the Sea and my Balcony.. My Bon Voyage orders have also increased as I always order a few bottles for the cabin to enjoy on that Balcony..:)

Archived