Temperature at night

crossoverstreet

Hi all, as a first time cruiser about to leave (in five days!) and facing a mountain of packing that I want to reduce ... could you please offer your advice on the following:

The cruise is in and out of Fort Lauderdale and will cover the "Eastern Caribbean" for a week (last week of Feb).

How much A/C is in the dining room? Does it blast? Is it too chilled to wear short sleeved dress shirts without blazers? Long sleeved shirts without blazers? Please note: this is a charter with a relaxed dress code, otherwise I would wear a blazer regardless!

On deck, once the sun has gone down, do you want a short jacket or is it warm enough to just wear a shirt?

Thanks!

I was fine in the dining room in a sundress or other minimal coverage on my arms every night except one, and that happened to be the day I got a little sunburned (thankfully not so much my cotton sweater chafed my skin, just enough so I felt chilly).

I see you're living in the Toronto area... you'll probably be plenty warm!

I was fine in the dining room in a sundress or other minimal coverage on my arms every night except one, and that happened to be the day I got a little sunburned (thankfully not so much my cotton sweater chafed my skin, just enough so I felt chilly).

I see you're living in the Toronto area... you'll probably be plenty warm!

Thanks! Yes, compared to our sub zero weather, I guess it will be warm enough even at night!:p

How much A/C is in the dining room? Does it blast? Is it too chilled to wear short sleeved dress shirts without blazers? Long sleeved shirts without blazers? Please note: this is a charter with a relaxed dress code, otherwise I would wear a blazer regardless!

On deck, once the sun has gone down, do you want a short jacket or is it warm enough to just wear a shirt?

I believe that there is no way to tell in advance whether you will need a jacket for the dining room or for the time you intend to spend on deck. To be on the safe side, I always take something to wear along.

On deck it can be very draughty depending on where you stand, whether the ship is moving and how windy it is. A short walk on deck should not be a problem but if you want to watch something for a certain time from a place that is exposed to the wind you could get cold.

I usually feel cold in the dining room. The temperatures there are okay for the waiters who are usually well dressed and moving around constantly.

Now you may stand lower temperatures than I but I would just make sure to have something to wear just in case.

Thanks! Yes, compared to our sub zero weather, I guess it will be warm enough even at night!:p
:D That's what I was thinking! We live in MT and are cruising to Alaska in June and I was all caught up in all the "what to pack/wear" threads and the posters worried about being cold when I realized a warm day to us is 45F! :eek:

:D That's what I was thinking! We live in MT and are cruising to Alaska in June and I was all caught up in all the "what to pack/wear" threads and the posters worried about being cold when I realized a warm day to us is 45F! :eek:

When I cruised to Alaska in September a few years ago, the coldest place was near Hubbard Glacier and the second coldest place was SF.

Let me start by saying that I am a cold person. I love to be warm & cozy and I freeze on every cruise at night. I'm not saying the AC is ridiculous, but figure you've been out in the sun all day, you eat a big meal, and then you sit down and gamble, watch a show and/or enjoy a cold beverage. So with all the sun, eating and sitting, I get chilly, so I ALWAYS recommend to others to bring a sweater or something with long sleeves for night time. :D

Me, too. I'm always cold. The dining rooms are so cold I can barely stand it. The public areas are freezing (I do wonder if they keep the air blasting to try to help clear out some of the cig smoke).

I find it really annoying.

I don't want to be hot. I don't want the staff to suffer.

But there is absolutely NO reason why every area of the ship is like a meat locker.

But the few that aren't are uncomfortably warm. :(

Archived