Amazon to FLL - anyone have any info?

IBAcruisin

Hi, I was thinking about booking the Amazon (Manuas) to Fort Lauderdale cruise toward the end of the year. Anyone been on it that could say whether they enjoyed it or not?

It is on the Royal Princess which is small but looks nice.

Also, a flight into Manuas and out of Fort Lauderdale is really high... do you think it would save money to book with Princess?

Any flight Princess books to Manaus will probably be a charter. Manaus is not a large enough city to have enough daily flights to handle a shipload of passengers, even if it is only 700 passengers! I did the Amazon on the previous Royal Princess, Buenos Aires to Manaus. I love the Amazon, so I am prejudiced...I think it is awesome. Granted, it has been ten years since my last visit to Manaus, but it is an interesting, jungle city that at that time had not been 'touristed up'. They usually overnight there, so you have a chance to do some tours. EM

We leave for the Amazon Cruise on the Pacific Princess next week. Look for comments while we are gone and after we return. I talked to one person on another roll call who did this cruie early this year and loved it.

We avoided the flight to or from Manaus by booking a b2b - Fort Lauderdale to Manaus and back. With the cost of airfare, it made the second cruise a lot less expensive.

Thanks for the replies. I appreciate it.

Essiesmom -The overnight in Manaus looks like will give us a chance to do a good excursion to the meeting of the rivers or pink dolphins. I saw one also that goes out a night to find crocs.

Paul929207 - The B2B idea is great!.... I need to figure out how to swing that much time from work though. Thats a great idea though because you are right, the flight and cruise would be about the same.

Druke I - there is now a non-stop Delta flight from Atlanta. That sure sounds nice and alot less hassle but $$$$ I'm sure.

Archived