Southamption Disembark

Joyce B.

Hi there,

I would say you want 5 hours between getting of ship and flying, or more

depending on ship we have go in to port in the very early hours so if you are docking at 6.00am you will have no problems, we have also been an hour or two late due to rough seas so I would speak to Princess and see what time you get in.

yours Shogun

I have sailed r/t from Southampton six times, and it is not unusual to not be off the ship until 9:00. One time we had a nightmare disembarkation and it was closer to 10am before we got off the ship. I am always too afraid to book a flight much before 3:00.

We will be disembarking Southampton July 18 off the Grand from a 7 day Baltic/Scandinavia cruise. I am hoping on doing self disembarking and taking the National Express back to London Victoria coach station. The National Express shows buses for 9:30, 10:40 and every hour. Do you think we could take the 9:30 or would it be better the 10:40 bus.

You should try to do the self-disembark option and probably opt for private transportation to Heathrow - as others have said here, 1:50 might be cutting it a little close. At least if you hire private transportation, you're not waiting for 60 other people to show up on the right bus at the right time.

Heathrow is 90 minutes away from Southampton. If you're able to check in for your flights on-line the day before from the ship, I'd do that too, as it will save you valuable time at the airport.

We will be disembarking Southampton July 18 off the Grand from a 7 day Baltic/Scandinavia cruise. I am hoping on doing self disembarking and taking the National Express back to London Victoria coach station. The National Express shows buses for 9:30, 10:40 and every hour. Do you think we could take the 9:30 or would it be better the 10:40 bus.

That'll depend on when they start disembarkation, and how quickly the self-disembark option goes (I've been on a couple cruises where almost the whole ship self-disembarked!).

9:30's doable, but 10:40 will probably involve less running :)

when we went last summer, Princess recommended that the earliest you try to make it was 12. My dh decided to book an 11:50AM.

Princess didn't want to give us transfers and told us they can not guarantee we would get to Heathrow in time.

I had no stress, because I had advised dh not to book such an early flight, but he wanted to try. ;)

we got 6:30AM disembarkation, were on the first bus out, hit absolutely no traffic and got to Heathrow, Terminal 3, in less than 90 minutes. Our boarding time was 11:05.

I wouldn't recommend it, but it is possible.

Archived