Cabin location on Regatta

macker

We're booked to sail the Regatta from Los Angeles RT going south of Mexico. We are currently booked in room 6010 which is very close to the front of the ship. Since these seas tend to be somewhat rough, we are wondering if we should move further back in the ship...Anyone have experience in this location or with this stateroom?:confused:

Generally the lowest movement is felt:

Center of ship lowest

Aft of ship next lowest

Usually forward on a ship will receive the most motion.

If I was expecting rough seas, I would avoid a forward located cabin.

MSEm

• 2 weeks later...

I have a similar problem in terms of motion sickness... and in the case your cite I would ask for a cabin midships rather than at the front. I've been at the back and not had a problem, but midships is still safest.

Deck 6 is better than Deck 8 in this case!

We're sickos in that we love to feel the ship, so I'm a bad example, but Mom is prone to motion issues so I have a little input (if Mom ain't happy, nobody is happy!). So, the more center and lower in the ship you are the better off you will be if you are affected by movement.

We're booked to sail the Regatta from Los Angeles RT going south of Mexico. We are currently booked in room 6010 which is very close to the front of the ship. Since these seas tend to be somewhat rough, we are wondering if we should move further back in the ship...Anyone have experience in this location or with this stateroom?:confused:

We just had cabin 6017 and went to the Falklands and around Cape Horn. Part of the trip was very rough. I noticed the motion the most in the main diningroom at the window tables (which are in the aft section of the boat) and our friend in 7016 aft was sick a few days. We were fine in 6017. We just may have been lucky. Hope this helps.

Archived