Unfortunately, price is a major factor...HELP!

GeoffR

We (4 well travelled 50+ ers) intend cruising in Sept/Oct but we have a limited budget (approx £1100 per couple + on board etc). We don't want to be in southern Med as we live in Spain most of the year. Perhaps Eastern Med or Nile but open to all idea's. We cruised Carribean on Voyager of the Seas & a 5 day cruise from Barcelona. We have only been on GIGANTIC ships!

Are you going to be cruising from Spain or the UK? If you speak Spanish, you might get some nice deals on Pullmantur or IberoCruceros (Iberojet) out of Spain. They have older, medium sized ships but mostly do the western Med. and Atlantic islands. Thomson Holidays might also have good prices. Asking on these boards, where the majority of the membership is from the US will get you suggestions about the major lines we are familiar with...But on your side of the pond you have many options that we don't know about because they don't market to us. I think your best start would be a good local travel agent. They can give you many ideas on saving money, and armloads of brochures. EM

Are you going to be cruising from Spain or the UK? If you speak Spanish, you might get some nice deals on Pullmantur or IberoCruceros (Iberojet) out of Spain. They have older, medium sized ships but mostly do the western Med. and Atlantic islands. Thomson Holidays might also have good prices. Asking on these boards, where the majority of the membership is from the US will get you suggestions about the major lines we are familiar with...But on your side of the pond you have many options that we don't know about because they don't market to us. I think your best start would be a good local travel agent. They can give you many ideas on saving money, and armloads of brochures. EM

I think thats a great Idea....I did do some research on Thompson cruiselines and they give you the option of an "ALL inclusive" (booze you don't have to pay for while onboard) since you are on a limited budget ypou may want to try them....also I believe the sail from The Dominican republic for there carribean sailings....I really haven't checked into other sailings...but Southhamton does ring a bell:D as a departue port.

Andy

I think thats a great Idea....I did do some research on Thompson cruiselines and they give you the option of an "ALL inclusive" (booze you don't have to pay for while onboard) since you are on a limited budget ypou may want to try them....also I believe the sail from The Dominican republic for there carribean sailings....I really haven't checked into other sailings...but Southhamton does ring a bell:D as a departue port.

Andy

Many thanks for the courteous reply. Very much appreciated. Im off to look at Thomson Cruises now. Ill update you later. Geoff:)

hi Geoff

There has been some great offers around for cruises to med with Thomsons.

I have also been sent some good deals for Costa and Azamara (this is for March sailings but worth lookin at for later in year)

Im about to do 1st cruise with Thomson so hope it as good as they say!!!

Archived