Hotel Day rooms

Andyr

Hi all, I am arriving back to Bayonne from the Explorer of the seas on 6th March 2009. I am looking for a hotel close to EWR where I can pre book a day room as our flight does not leave until 21.00 hrs. Do any of you have any suggestions. I tried Country Inns, Elizabeth NJ but they wanted $129 + taxes with no guarantee I would be able to access the room early. I am only paying $139 for a sleep and cruise package the night before we embark on the 22nd Feb. Any suggestions?

Did you try the search feature. I know that this was asked maybe six months ago. Have you considered purchasing a day pass for the VIP lounge of your aircarrier? I know that American Airlines allow you to try the VIP lounge for $50.

Hi all, I am arriving back to Bayonne from the Explorer of the seas on 6th March 2009. I am looking for a hotel close to EWR where I can pre book a day room as our flight does not leave until 21.00 hrs. Do any of you have any suggestions. I tried Country Inns, Elizabeth NJ but they wanted $129 + taxes with no guarantee I would be able to access the room early. I am only paying $139 for a sleep and cruise package the night before we embark on the 22nd Feb. Any suggestions?

try one of the full service hotels , but you may well NOT be able to find out....

Marriott Newark Airport

Renaissance Newark Airport

Hilton Newark Airport

Sheraton Newark airport

i suggest these because they are bigger,and are more used to people (crews, etc) coming and going at all hours...

even though you are across the pond, you MAY need to call the hotels direct and get in-house reservations....you may also be able to get the UK reservations people to do this for you...

AndyR, as Got2Cruise said, it may be worth looking at lounges at the airport.

I have similar problem, departing 6pm, but as travelling with BA I dont have enough 'status' to use their lounges!!

If you are flying Continental, you can get buy a day pass I think... may not work out much cheaper than a room depending on how many in your party.......... and some day passes only allow 3 hours stay.

My plan was to get off the ship as late as possible and use a bus/shuttle transfer as in no hurry due to wait at airport...... hang around till I could check the bags in [3+ hours] and then use a lounge to kill the final few hours.............

I still havent given up on the idea but restricted by the terminal that BA use at Newark.... so looking at other lounges in the terminal and what i need to do, who i need to bribe! who i need to know! to get in....

so if you see me wandering around like a lost soul you will know my plan failed!

Ruth

Archived