For SIGNMAN/Howard - Inside Cabin Info

BurgerBits

Hello, Howard -

I noted your post about a few of the inside cabins on Sky Deck (deck 10), Solstice, in the cabin info thread.

One of our fellow posters is seeking info on a different set of inside cabins on that deck... quite a bit aft of the ones you mentioned. On the deck plan, these cabins span the width of the center ship corridor to corridor. 'Albert Ross' would like to know if anyone noticed onto WHICH CORRIDOR (port or starboard) these cabins open - i.e., which hallway has the entry door. The cabins are 1084, 1088, 1092, 1096, and 1100.

He has friends who would like to book an inside and outside in that area but, of course, want the doors to be across the hall from each other.

If you know the answer, would you pls post it to this thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=18168909&posted=1#post18168909

Thanks so much!!!

Dawn

Dawn, I thought I posted the answers for Mr. Ross already, but I will look again at that thread.

Just to reiterate......entry to all inside cabins aft of the forward stairwell is from the starboard side hallway. The even cabin numbers are your clue.

However now that I just looked at the deck plan again, I realize that while even numbers starboard and odd with port side entry is certainly the case for deck 10 forward of the forward stairwell, it could be different on other decks.

So now you have a project to check out the forward insides on the other decks, as some carry even numbers and some odd.

Have a great time, and let me know if you have any other questions.

Dawn, I thought I posted the answers for Mr. Ross already, but I will look again at that thread.

So now you have a project to check out the forward insides on the other decks, as some carry even numbers and some odd.

Thank you, Howard!

Don't plan to spend time on any cabin-only decks other than 10; some of our party will be on Deck 5, too, but that's it.

Really appreciate your help!!

Dawn

Hi Howard, Thought this thread meant "inside the cabin" info, meaning you checked out the inside of each cabin on Deck 8. ;) Alas no, but did you learn any more about deck 8?: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=912539

Have been looking forward to the complete signman deckplan for 8 with all needed corrections. Thanks for any info you might have gleaned from this cruise.

Janet I did speak with Simon Weir (Hotel Director), Melanie Pavlov (Future Cruise Sales) and Simona Stumberger (Guest Relations Manager) about the need to ID inside cabins owith sofas, and ones with chairs. All were really unaware that there were differences, especially Melanie, who just joined the ship. She liked my suggestion to do some snooping on turnaround day. I caught Simon and Simona at the Senior Officers party and they agreed that an asterisk type solution might work for the insides. Simona made some time for me and I put forth my theories about how to differentiate the insides. She took extensive notes. She is aware of the fact that all cabins on the Deck 8 plan show one position forward of actual location. I verified this myself, and she will work to get the plans corrected. I mentioned about some Deck 8 cabins being sold with 3rd and 4th occupancy, and she also noted to get this fixed on future plans. However, she does not have any plans showing which cabins accommodate more than 2.

Just curious about the differences you experienced between

the Dec cruise and this one.

How were your tablemates this time? How was everything?

Being on board twice in 2 months must have given you some

extra perspective.

I am sure others on here besides me would like to hear

(or read) your thoughts.:)

And did you feel the inside cabin was ok?

I still haven't booked a cruise on her yet but when and If I do

I will be going with an inside.

Hi Howard,

Thanks for this update. I have a question about the deck plan being wrong. We have Cabin 8126 on hold. According to the photos here:

http://web8.506.bces.de/cruise_xxl/displayimage.php?album=48&pos=8

I figure that we will be the 10th balcony door down, just over the "b" in Celebrity. It looks like the bed is by the balcony (our preference) and we have a straight view of the water and no overhang from the forward cabins on Deck 7. Do you agree?

Thank you!

Nancy

Lois, Dining was fine this time. Had a pre-arranged table for 4, in a location that I picked out. Service was still impersonal, but my assistant waiter Elena from Romania was best I've ever had. She's on Lorenzo's radar now. It's her first contract, coming from NCL, and she's engaged to a Butler she met on the ship and planning a wedding in May.

The insides aft of the forward stairwell are bigger and have plenty of room to move around the bed and in front of the closet. They are the ones you photographed. But no sofa.

read post 5

I have heard this from X myself in response to my question, so no news in the #5 post response while on board. In March I will report the cabin that creates the issue since it's either right at the start of the hump or some where before it. Clearly there is one cabin number (at least) that is missing from the cabins on Deck 8. I will post that to Mysticks 1 thread and everyone else will then know which one it is.

This has been asked before but no clear answer as of yet that I have seen...

Is this a cat 2A with a larger balcony because it is on the angle? or is this one of the cabins that is numbered wrong?

Please if you have seen 8287 tell me if it is a larger baclony. Also, what is across the hall... wondering if there is a steward's room which could be a noise issue early in the morning?

I would be so grateful if someone knows these answers!

Thanks!

This has been asked before but no clear answer as of yet that I have seen...

Is this a cat 2A with a larger balcony because it is on the angle? or is this one of the cabins that is numbered wrong?

Please if you have seen 8287 tell me if it is a larger baclony. Also, what is across the hall... wondering if there is a steward's room which could be a noise issue early in the morning?

I would be so grateful if someone knows these answers!

Thanks!

8287 is just a regular sized balcony just aft of the angled ones. It is located where the deck plan is showing 8289. All Deck 8 cabins are actually one further aft than shown on Celebrity's deck plans for Solstice and Equinox.

It will be interesting to see the plans for Eclipse in 2 weeks.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived