Is the Infinity in drydock?

pertfred

Looks like she sailed on Feb 1st...checking the roll call section.

And she just left again on Sunday, 2/15..longer sailings for South America.

She was in Drydock for about 2 weeks during the middle

of Nov to early December.

Apparently was in for dry dock a few months ago.

From what I see, much of the focus of discussion lately has been on the Soltstice. New ship, new excitement. Plus it would also appear that while many contribute to the boards, not all write reviews.

We sail the Infinity in May.

Reviews for Infinity generally slow down while she in South America. It happens every year.

That's interesting. Any thoughts as to why? The trip lengths are about the same.

FYI Infinity was in drydock the last 10 days of Nov'08 and first few days of Dec'08. I did not hear what was done while in drydock though.

Also, I did notice that Infinity dropped to #10 in the latest Conde Nest post. Still in the top 10. Come on Infinity! You are a great class of ship, and just as good as the Constellation within that class!!:)

Sam - just got off the Solstice, loved everything about her. Decor, food, service and entertainment. Only negative was the ports, been there done that numerous times, but we went for the ship and thoroughly enjoyed everything. Would go back on her in a minute.

That's interesting. Any thoughts as to why? The trip lengths are about the same.

They have a large number of South American, Spanish and Portugese passengers. Employees are required to be able to speak both English and Spanish.

This is primarily an American site with some Europeans chipping in, hence not as many members of this board are sailing South America

Sam - just got off the Solstice, loved everything about her. Decor, food, service and entertainment. Only negative was the ports, been there done that numerous times, but we went for the ship and thoroughly enjoyed everything. Would go back on her in a minute.

Judy - I want to sail her in 2010. No time prior!:o Our Freedom cruise in 2006 was a group cruise, so I am thinking of working up a Solstice group cruise for 2010. Sounds like a long time ago! Say hi to everyone on the thread! :)

They have a large number of South American, Spanish and Portugese passengers. Employees are required to be able to speak both English and Spanish.

This is primarily an American site with some Europeans chipping in, hence not as many members of this board are sailing South America

Excellant points!

Just got off this cruise and arrived home, punchy and weary. I'll repeat the info given above about non-English speaking cruisers. There were four large groups on board from Europe -- two German, one Swiss and one Belgian. There were enough German speaking passengers to warrant all the important public address announcements being given in German as well as English and Spanish. Quite a few were given in French as well. I met many, many South American residents also cruising with us. I don't know how many of them know about this board, but I doubt if it's a large percentage. By the way, after a shaky start, it was a great cruise. Infinity was showing a bit of wear, and one day I followed a group of three crew members around as they were inspecting all upholstered furniture and marking the ones that needed attention. I mentioned something I had seen that was broken and they said they already knew and parts had been ordered. Loved the Infinity. Review to follow.

Thanks for update. We are on Infinity this coming April for a Panama Canal cruise and then again next January for a South American cruise. I am sure that things are wearing out/breaking all the time.

We sailed on Freedom of the Seas about 6 months after she went into service and the rails were peeling and other small things needed touch up/repairing.

We sailed on Infinity right after she got out of dry dock in 2006 and do not remember anything on that particular sailing going wrong.

Archived