Food in O Bars

guppy35

Can you order snacks in the bars? How much is soda?

Guppy-

There is not any food service at any of the bars on O, however, they do have chip-pretzle-nut bowls during the day and evening as well as cold and hot canape's at cocktail hour.

As far as the cost of soda, I don't buy it often, so, I'll quote our resident soft drink guru, Mr. Don Horner:

The cans (standard 12 oz.) are $2.50 plus 18% automatic gratuity, which works out to $2.95 per can. They can be purchased 2 for 1 during Happy Hour (5 pm to 6 pm) at Martinis and other bars. I did not see any caffeine free diet Cokes, but I didn't ask.

Hope this helped-

at almost $3.00 per soda my diet coke habit is going to get very expensive. :eek: Does any one know if they offer a soda card?

No, they do not. It would not satisfy my habit if they did; I like a cold can last thing at night and first thing in the morning, and I'm not going to chase all over the ship getting a glass filled from a soda fountain, which is the way the soda cards are handled on many ships. What makes it even more difficult for me than the expense is that I much prefer Diet Pepsi (or Pepsi Light outside the USA). For this reason, I have become quite adept at finding local stores in some of the weirdest places to refresh my supply and bring it on board. These forays into the local markets have become a tradition for DW and I, and we find we learn a lot about local cultures when we shop where they shop.

I also like salty, crunchy snacks, and I like sampling the local equivalent of junk food that I find in the markets. Now, if only I could find a microwave oven on board where I could pop a bag of popcorn...:rolleyes:

Now, if only I could find a microwave oven on board where I could pop a bag of popcorn...:rolleyes:

Ask the Chef maybe he will pop some for you!;)

Let me know if it works would be nice some night to have a bowl of popcorn

Lyn

Archived