Noisy rooms underneath Boleros???

We are looking at Mariner of the Seas for Jan 2010. I've noticed there is a small bank of outside staterooms (about 10 or so) midship on deck 3. These cabins really appeal to me, but I've noticed that they are underneath Boleros, so I'm a bit worried about late night noise. Has anyone ever stayed in these and what was your experience regarding noise? I know there are more cabins on that floor further towards the front of the ship, but we would prefer midship for a smoother ride. Thank you so much for any thoughts on this! - Kristel:)

We are looking at Mariner of the Seas for Jan 2010. I've noticed there is a small bank of outside staterooms (about 10 or so) midship on deck 3. These cabins really appeal to me, but I've noticed that they are underneath Boleros, so I'm a bit worried about late night noise. Has anyone ever stayed in these and what was your experience regarding noise? I know there are more cabins on that floor further towards the front of the ship, but we would prefer midship for a smoother ride. Thank you so much for any thoughts on this! - Kristel:)

Hi Kristel,

I can't answer your question but I notice you are from Australia. Have you visited the P&O Australia section? Lots of aussies hang out there and chat about the aussie perspectives of cruising! There is also a ozcruisecritic site as well. Just add dot com dot au and you will find it.

We had a terrible experience on our Celebrity cruise over Christmas - partially our own fault as we did not (as we normally do) study the deck plans thoroughly at the time we accepted the cabin reservation. Our cabin was directly under a portion of the galley where they kept tossing around metal racks - I checked it out and actually went INTO the galley to find out what all the racket was about! Our cabin was essentially uninhabitable due to this jarring racket ALL NIGHT LONG. We were able - after a long, exhausting night, able to get the cabin changed but...never again. I'd RUN from a cabin under Belero's...CHECK the deck plan very carefully...even such things as elevator locactions, any "kid friendly" spot and so forth could be a problem. We learned our lesson the hard way...I'd say don't take a chance...and as far as cabin location for a "smooth ride" is concerned...it's usually not a problem as the Caribbean is quite smooth and rough seas are rare - remember these ships are HUGE and wave action hardly affects them.

i would strongly suggest getting a cabin under and above OTHER CABINS...but NOT big suites....sound carries thru the fllors and ceilings of public areas..and some of the suites have marble floors........you're better off being above and below regular cabins or junior suites (just really bigger cabins..)

i was ABOVE the karaoke bar on enchantment and moved for the 2nd half of a b2b and under the RS last week on Ex...we seriously considered getting off the ship!

I must jump back in here...noise now seems to be a problem when it seldom, if ever, was before. Correct...select a cabin UNDER other cabins and steer very clear of anything over or under ANY public space. I suspect that as ships get larger and larger there are more public (noisy) spaces than in the "good old days" when ships were smaller, the cabins were more nicely separated from public spaces and so forth. Our Celebrity Century cabin was SO BAD we would have left the ship at the first port of call if we hadn't been able to be moved. To Celebrity's credit they DID listen, respond and find us a cabin on the FULLY BOOKED ship. The sad thing is...I'm now cooling quickly to cruising and I used to love a cruise above any other vacation option.

RUN !!!!!

I wasn't in a cabin but went to the ladies which is situated just beneath Bolero's when I was on Navigator ( sister ship ). I could hear what could only be described as the sound of a herd of elephants, then I realised the noise was from the guests dancing in Bolero's.:eek: It was a mainly Spanish demographic on the ship so lots of Flamenco stamping of feet:)

Wow!:eek:

Thanks for your thoughts. It sounds like it really would be an issue. My husband, kids and I are usually up until 1am or so anyway on cruises - so we would probably be ok... but my mother and aunt are going with us and I'm sure they would not appreciate salsa dancing until all hours as they tried to sleep.

Archived