Windsurf May 25,2009 Nice-Rome

CFSI

Myra,

Same problem here, too. ***** is still open, though, until 1am EST, if you want to call them.

Patty,

How did you get the clock? Do you put the link in the signature block? I tried several times and couldn't get it to show up? Is there a trick?

Thanks for your help.....MiMi

Does anyone know if the ship will be in the Nice Port or in Villefranche? If it's Nice we can walk to the ship from our hotel but will need a taxi to Villefranche.

How about we all meet the first night and have dinner together on the ship? How does meeting at 7 pm in the Windsurf Lounge sound?

Ken and Judy

Hi, Ken and Judy,

I called Windstar about the forms glitch and checked on the port. You should be able to walk as it is the "Port of Nice" according to Reservations. Meeting at the Lounge sounds great. We are only arriving at 2:15 and planned on dumping our bags and going back out to see the sights before departure. Do you think we have seen enough to get back by 7? I've never been to the city before and don't know anything about what is or isn't there that would be worth checking out. Any suggestions about the "hit list" for must see?

MiMi

Does anyone know if the ship will be in the Nice Port or in Villefranche? If it's Nice we can walk to the ship from our hotel but will need a taxi to Villefranche.

How about we all meet the first night and have dinner together on the ship? How does meeting at 7 pm in the Windsurf Lounge sound?

Ken and Judy

Sounds like a good idea. Assuming we can get our documents problem cleared up (and can board), we can look for you for dinner on the ship. We will be attempting to do some sightseeing in Nice Saturday and Sunday.

Myra

Myra,

We are on the May 17th Windsurf. I have had the same problem over and over with the on line form not working. I gave up and filled out the paper forms in our blue pouch with the other travel docs. You won't be denied boarding. They collect the forms in the lounge after you board and they always have extra forms available for people who forgot them. Just don't forget your passport... that you DO need!

We didn't even get a blue pouch to have papers IN. We don't have papers to fill out by hand. We will still be trying to get some answers today and tomorrow. Vacations to Go has not been incrediblly helpful -- and our contact there is taking today and tomorrow off!

Nice to meet you Sue and Larry. Where are you guys from? Re: tour of Rome on Sunday - I'll have to talk to Stan about this; we may just be too tired! We will be leaving Rome early Tuesday morning but will be staying up at the airport at the Hilton Sunday and Monday nights. How much would your tour cost us? And where would we be going?

Myra

It took awhile for me to figure out how to submit a reply. We are from New Rochelle, New York. The main reason that we booked this full day tour at the end of the trip, is that we have an 8:30 P.M. flight, and after leaving the ship in the morning we will have our luggage with us for the entire day. This seemed to be the easiest way to do things. The tour was booked through www. discoveryguidedtours.com- "Splendors of Rome". The cost for 4-6 people would be 450euros. They will basically take you to all the major sites in Rome and you can change things however you want. What are these immigration paper that eveyone is talking about? We didn't receive anything. Sue and Larry

. What are these immigration paper that eveyone is talking about? We didn't receive anything. Sue and Larry

You should have received these forms with your blue packet. They are called Immigration Questionnaire and this must be completed so you can turn it in when you board. You can complete in advance here:

http://forms.windstarcruises.com/SignIn.aspx

I don't understand all the people here who haven't received their documents. Our cruise is 04 July and we already have ours, but we booked directly through Windstar.

I also booked with Vacation To Go. I was told that all my documents were in the form of E tickets and we did not recieve any hard documents in the mail. I did not have a problem completed the immigration information online but that was a coule of weeks ago.

I would not worry about any of this though. I am sure you will not have a problem showing up at the ship and filling out the information when you arrive.

Ken

You should have received these forms with your blue packet. They are called Immigration Questionnaire and this must be completed so you can turn it in when you board. You can complete in advance here:

http://forms.windstarcruises.com/SignIn.aspx

I don't understand all the people here who haven't received their documents. Our cruise is 04 July and we already have ours, but we booked directly through Windstar.

Thanks for the info. We never received a "blue packet". I booked directly through Windstar and all I got was my confirmation and ticket faxed to me. When I called and asked them if I would be getting any other travel documents (like luggage tags) mailed to me, they said that there wasn't anything else and that I would get the luggage tags at the dock.

Sue

We, too, did not receive immigration forms OR a blue packet. I talked to Brett at Windstar this morning; he was supposedly sending out, by email, forms we could fill out and take with us to the ship on the 25th. I had tried filling out the questionnaire online last night but to no avail. It disappeared into cyberspace. We got the form sent by Brett this afternooon, but I don't think it's right either. The Windstar website is incredibly screwed up. Brett said he'd been fielding these complaint for the last few days. And he also said he had nothing to do with the website; that was someone else's turf, and he couldn't help fix it. Vacations to Gohas been no help at all.

Aa-a-a-rgh,

Myra

I didn't get a blue packet either, and I really LOVE that you get your luggage tags at the dock! What a handy time to get luggage tags!

I also spoke to Brett in Guest Relations (after receiving an email from him) then spoke with Linda in Reservations, who emailed me a PDF of the immigration doc to fax back to them.

I can forward the email to anyone who wants it. Write me at mimipechon@gmail.com and I'll send the form to you. Then you can fax it to them and be done with it. It's just a one-pager with the same info as on the website e-form. Yes, they did seem pretty unconcerned that the website was broken. They hope it'll be fixed "soon."

Archived