What would you do on the Amalfi coast?

Which port do you dock in or tender to? You have options such as going to Capri for the day, seeing the Amalfi Coast towns of Positano, Praino, Amalfi, Ravello, going to Ischia for the day. In Naples there is also the Archaeologicall Museum if you have not been there and want to see it. How do you want to spend the day, seeing sites or looking at scenery or shopping? That might help with recommendations.

We have spent two extended stays on the Amalfi coast (in a small town called Praiano) and always thought that just being in that area was more than enough to justify the two weeks we spent in the area. Sometimes, just being in a place or region is enough. As to places to go, Positano and Ravello would be the top two on most lists. What do you do in those places? Just enjoy the views, sock up the atmosphere, enjoy the touristy shops, eat some of the wonderful food, drink some of the fabulous Italian wines, etc. And of course there is the fun of simply driving on the Amalfi Drive which does provide some great views.

Hank

Salvatore from DriveAmalfi is great, we used him on our last trip and have him booked again for this year. Depending on exactly when you'll be there and how much time you have, you could also use public transport, ferry between some towns, but the rest.

Thank you Texancruzer, I have contacted APTours and they have quoted me much less than DriveAmalfi. Did you find them friendly, professional and reliable? Just want to make sure that they are just as good as DriveAmalfi even though they are less money.

Thanks so much!

Thank you Texancruzer, I have contacted APTours and they have quoted me much less than DriveAmalfi. Did you find them friendly, professional and reliable? Just want to make sure that they are just as good as DriveAmalfi even though they are less money.

Thanks so much!

We were picked up at the ship promptly at 8 am and were driven in a brand new shiny van by an impeccably dressed courteous driver. (Good looking too ;)) Be aware that he was a driver - not really a guide but will talk about the area. APTours arranged for a licensed guide for our group at Pompeii. She met us at the gate and spent 2-1/2 hrs with us. She was great. We then went to Ravello, Amalfi, Positano (my fav) and to Sorrento. We had all voted to take the ferry back to Naples. Glad we did as it gave us a different look at this area..... and a gorgeous sunset was a bonus. We arrived at the dock right next to our ship with plenty of time before all aboard.

If you go to tripadvisor and do a search for "aptours italy" you will get 13 reviews - all good. I have not seen a bad one on this website either.

We really enjoyed our day here. The area is stunningly beautiful, the food is great and the people are so friendly and warm.

We used Marcello at seesorrento.com. The coast drive is beautiful. Most drivers will take you to lunch in Pontone between Amalfi and Ravello which is worth the trip.

We did this one as well--fab. day and an amazing lunch for 20 E pp including all the wine and . . . .cellos you could drink--of every variety. I don't know what the others are charging, but we had 8 people (met on CC) and it was $150 per couple including the tip.

Cathy

Salvatore from DriveAmalfi is great, we used him on our last trip and have him booked again for this year. Depending on exactly when you'll be there and how much time you have, you could also use public transport, ferry between some towns, but the rest.

He is fabulous..Such a gentleman. and I learned so much about the area,

He is fabulous..Such a gentleman. and I learned so much about the area,

And hot :)

My knees buckled when in his sexy italian accent he said I am at your command :)

All kidding aside, he was a great driver and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him. He lives in Amalfi.

Archived