Making your luggage stand out

Luckysll

So what do you do to make your luggage easier to find, either in the airport or during disembarkation?

Do you have non-black luggage? Do you tie bright green pom-poms on the handle? Yellow tape criss crossed on the bags?

My luggage is a grey houndstooth print, so they stand out a little bit. Several years ago, while shopping for a baby gift, I found a teething ring that had four shapes on it - a car, a plane, a boat and a train. I took each of the four shapes off the ring and have them attached to my luggage with the ID tag.

My sister-in-law's bag will never be hard to find - it's purple with large, white flowers on it. :D

The only suitcase I ever take is a 22" roll-on-board...which I usually check if there is no charge for luggage (I fly Southwest a lot...no baggage charges).

Mine has a bright green luggage belt around it the long way...it fits very tight and can't be accidently dislodged or pulled off. It's very, very difficult to take off and has a lot of pressure latches on it.

Put Haz Mat tape on it! NO ONE will touch it. Our last cruise(out of PR) someone moved my bag from the area it was suppose to be in,,,I was getting very nervous but did find it after 30 mins of working my way out of my "area". We had to get to the plane so it was cutting it close. The less bags the better.

I usually go to the craft department of Walmart and look in teh scrap fabric bin. Pick out the brightest most annoying fabric I can find.

Then cut the fabric into strips and tie the strips to all my pieces of luggage or a couple of different handles on the luggage.

I have been using baggage "straps" for years. We usually have two large bags when we go on a cruise or a flight. One of the straps is bright emerald green and the other is bright

fuschia. You'd be surprised how fast I find my bags on the airport carousel and in the baggage claim area at the pier. Also, if something goes wrong with zippers on the bag or if it rips, etc. the strap holds everything together. ;)

I go to wally world(walmart) and buy some really bright yarn..I use yellow for my luggage and red for my sister's....Get a piece of cardboard(about 6 inches) and wrap a lot of the yarn around it,pull it off the board, then I tie it in the middle with nylon string and then cut the ends to make a big ball...I tie one to the top and one to the side handle and you will be able to spot your luggage all the way across the warehouse or airline baggaga belts.....Dennis

I go to the Dollar stores and find BRIGHT :eek: colored scarfs and attach them to the handles. I have black luggage and now never have problems finding it.

Just a word of warning, someone posted their suitcase handle had been ripped off because the fabric they had attached to the handle got caught on a conveyor belt. So, something like duct tape or paint right on the suitcase itself might be a better idea.

Hi Sandy!

I have a spool of blue-green colored fabric ribbon, and I cut about an 8" strip of it and tie it to the handle and zipper of our luggage. It's not that big or bright, but it still makes our bags easy to spot. I just leave it on all the time. I've never had one torn off or lost. Works great! :)

We bought cheap, colorful bandanas, cut them in half, and tied them to the luggage handles. You can get these at WalMart, etc. They really stand out and make our bags easy to spot. Also, if you are having trouble finding them, you can tell a porter, "It's a blue bag with a pink bandana tied to the handle" and they will be able to find the right bag.

However, my DD bought me a new set of luggage for Christmas that is......bright blue ZEBRA print! :eek: I don't think I'll have any trouble spotting these bags! LOL! I get to try them out in 31 days! WOOHOO!!!!! :D

I put yellow duct tape on everyside of our luguage. I know its tacky, tacky, I dont care!! Once coming back from Puta Cana we had to find our luguage in a big mess of a room full of it in Miami, If it wasen't for that ugly yellow tape we would still be looking for it!!

Put Haz Mat tape on it! NO ONE will touch it. Our last cruise(out of PR) someone moved my bag from the area it was suppose to be in,,,I was getting very nervous but did find it after 30 mins of working my way out of my "area". We had to get to the plane so it was cutting it close. The less bags the better.

LOL, reminds me of how we mark our stroller at Disney. We hang a clear plastic bag from the handle. Inside the bag is a clean diaper that we have poured cola on, so the bag has this dingy brown liquid in the bottom. We have never had a problem with someone swiping our stroller while using that trick. :cool: I wonder if it would work on luggage?:confused:

However, my DD bought me a new set of luggage for Christmas that is......bright blue ZEBRA print! :eek: I don't think I'll have any trouble spotting these bags! LOL! I get to try them out in 31 days! WOOHOO!!!!! :D

That'll do the trick.

one of my duffle bags is an OBNOXIOUS victoria secrets pink duffle that looks like this

dufflegoldhg5.th.jpg

haha so i can aLways spot it!

now my suitcase is another story .. its just boring blue .. but i cant ever remember a time .. not being able to spot it ??

I have a bright orange luggage set. I have never had a problem locating any piece of it. I can see it across the baggage claim area if it has already come down the conveyor belt. I love love love my luggage. My zippers pulls have broken on a couple of pieces but I just can't get rid of them. I can see them so well. :)

just buy luggage that stands out....I have not seen anyone with the same luggage as me yet! I have attached a pic of it!

Its pink camoflaugh Heys ultra Light Hard sided luggage...I can see them load off the luggage trolly up on to the plane from inside the terminal. Peace of mind knowing its heading where I am. Best luggage ever!!!

1206865700_Glory143.jpg.9b22964f348659555b2739a4a724eb16.jpg

Archived