How late can I show up for embarcation in Istanbul

gwlaw99

I am taking a Bosphous cruise that doesn't get back until 4:30 so I won't be able to get to the ship until 5 or 5:30. Will I still be able to board at that time? I called Oceana, but the rep seemed unsure.

It would have been helpful if you had mentioned either what cruise you're on or your ship's sailing time.

Some Istanbul departures are listed at 3:00 pm - so by your 5 or 5:30 they're long gone!

Others sail at 11 pm, so that will probably not be a problem.

could you please tell me who your Boshorus cruise is with and send contact info? We would like to do this while in Istanbul...we have an overnight on the ship so I would like to do it in the afternoon of the day we arrrive. We arrive at noon I think. Our cruise departs Athens on Sept 21/09. When do you go?

Thanks, Marian

I am taking a Bosphous cruise that doesn't get back until 4:30 so I won't be able to get to the ship until 5 or 5:30. Will I still be able to board at that time? I called Oceana, but the rep seemed unsure.

I don't think you should have a problem, but definitely would inform Oceania ahead of time. For our September Istanbul to Athens Aegean Adventure on Nautica, we boarded at 4 PM, because we did not want to interrupt our Istanbul sightseeing day (our third day in Istanbul) any earlier and certainly were the only passengers boarding then, but the ship was not sailing until the next night at 10 PM! Our bags arrived at our room before we did! The free lunch closes at 4, so we missed that and actually had to wait for dinner to start chowing down!:D

The next day we got back from our sightseeing just in the nick of time for the boat drill, so fortunately did not have to make it up the next day!

Hope this helps.

Archived