Bag for ports/beach to fit a lot of stuff!

kms118

I keep thinking about the things I will need to bring on shore (2 beach towels, water, change of clothes, etc). Where on earth can I find a nice bag that will fit all of that stuff? I bought an expandable tote from bagallini (sp?), but it still seems small. I want it to be easy enough to carry around. Anything sand-friendly is a big plus. Suggestions??? :confused:

DH and I each carry a bakcpack onshore. We NEVER put any valuables (jewelry, cash, credit cards) in them because they are easy to cut off of your back, and we would not want to loose these important things. However, we have never had any problems. They are easy to carry a change of clothes, towel, water bottle, and any extras we may need. They resist sand and water pretty well. We are very happy with the cheap Timberland brand.

an Ikea Blue bag is just perfect...

Now that's smart! I would have never thought of that. I really would like one that zips, but thanks for the suggestion!

I guess we could each carry a backpack. That would work. At least it wouldn't slip off my shoulder.

I will carry money and camera etc. in an aquapac separately. I love my little aquapac. I can carry everything important into the water with me : ) My career is one where I am on-call and I have to keep my phone with me at all times. I have been using it for the past two years when I go to a creek or the pool. I used it in Hawaii 2 years ago and it was great! Just thought I would throw that in there for those of you wondering about those types of waterproof cases.

Thanks for the ideas guys : )

DH and I both carry a full size backpack (the kind with two large sections and a smaller pocket on the front). This doesn't occur to a lot of people, but considering he still uses a backpack for college it was the first thing that popped into our head. Get one with good cushioned shoulder straps if you'll be carrying it for long or if you think it'll be heavy. I spent about $30 on my Jansport and it's awesome.

a backpack has always been the easiest for me.I leave it on and when we need something my dw just unzips to get water,camera,towel,wet facecloth in a zip bag!and when u buy something shopping u just pop it in and keep going.On the way home it then becomes great as a carryon for things u purchase and take home.:)

Archived