Sea legs and high heels

Karysa

I gave up wearing heels entirely about 4 years ago when I fell going from the pool deck into the marble entrance in front of the Windjammer. The change in surface caused me to have my right heel slip out from underneath and I was down on my knee is a split second. Scared my husband to pieces.

He requested that I not wear heels again, so when we got to Vancouver the next day I went shopping for temporary dressy flats.

I now have a pair of black suede flats with a lovely bling across the top of my foot. My DIL loves them, and I wear them with all my evening clothes, including formal night.

Hubby and I now have peace of mind.

Even though thread was resurrected from the dead, it has good info.

I am tall, and to put it nicely - hubby is not... For years I wore flats when with him. We were shopping before our last cruise and I found some lovely heels. Dh thought they were flattering so I got them...After all, who am I kidding? If you're tall, you're tall...

I do have a tip, though: do all your forward / aft travel on a cabin deck where the hallways are carpeted instead of a public deck where you will find marble (slick) floors.

One night after dinner with wine the ship was very "mobile". I was not the only woman in formal gown and shoes in hand that night!

I found a pair of Annie's 1 inch sling back sandals with lots of bling on the toes in black. These will be my standard dress shoes for my B2B TA next month. These will be my lowest heel height dress shoes and I love them. They walk like flats and are super comfy without hose. So, win win!

Margee

Archived