Question re onboard amenities

Constance331

Hi - I'm finishing up my packing (yea!), and wondered whether SB provides hand and body lotions, too - or is it just shampoo, conditioner, bubble bath, and shower gels that await?:) Never tried Molton Brown . . . how special are their products?

Yeah, I'm not too excited about my first SB experience - LOL!

i personally like molton brown, dont necessarily need anything more expensive.

pretty sure there were lotions. there was also l'oreal suntan lotion.

and you get some premium stuff. i picked l'occitane and hermes.

the hermes bar of soap was worth $30 :cool:

http://usa.hermes.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?jspStoreDir=ConsumerDirectStorefrontAssetStore&catalogId=10052&categoryId=10879&parentCategoryId=10878&productId=17695&modeDisplay=categoryWithProductArg&topCategoryId=10835&nbItem=1&langId=-1&CategorySexe=WOMENANDMEN&leftCategoryId=10879&storeId=10202&selectedCategoryId=10882&ddkey=HermesStoreResolver

The trick is if you think you need any other amenities, just ask your stewardess. They really try hard to please.

We especially enjoyed the oatmeal soap and the eucalyptus bubble bath!

Cheers,

Steve.

I try...very hard....not to be a bad passenger and hoard the little body lotion containers (i.e., just use a bit and throw it into my suitcase, hoping to save a few "more" during the cruise....). When I use up my last little (purloined) bottle at home, it is a very sad experience. Not only is it wonderful, it reminds me of being on Seabourn.

The shampoo and conditioner are pretty good, too.

Jane

I try...very hard....not to be a bad passenger and hoard the little body lotion containers (i.e., just use a bit and throw it into my suitcase, hoping to save a few "more" during the cruise....). When I use up my last little (purloined) bottle at home, it is a very sad experience. Not only is it wonderful, it reminds me of being on Seabourn.

The shampoo and conditioner are pretty good, too.

Jane

Thanks, Jane. I suspected as much.

Oh, Lord, WHAT have I gotten myself into . . . :D

Yes, the suntan lotion is no more. I bought a bottle on the second day of my last cruise because I assumed we would have some in the suite. None at Skybar, but replenished later in the cruise. Remember when we had the BIG bottles of Molton Brown products??! :)

Host Dan

I do like the Molton Brown products, except for the body lotion. I use a lot of that stuff (to keep my old skin somewhat in shape...), but the lotion is very thick and doesn't come out of the bottle easily. I don't like to waste any time on it, much more important things to do on a cruise ship, like walking and talking!

That's the reason why I bring my own body lotion, to safe time!

Marja

Constance,

In the bathroom corner cabinet you will find cotton balls, swabs, sewing kit, along with the great bubblebaths. There is a nice makeup mirror in the bath as well. Hair dryer in the top left drawer of your vanity. I always ask my Stewardess for an extra blue bathmat ~~

A trick is to move your vanity chair over to the window/sliding door then bring one of the coffee table barrel stools ~~ place under your vanity. Saves quite a bit of room between the bed and the vanity area.

Have a marvelous voyage:p

Martita B.

A trick is to move your vanity chair over to the window/sliding door then bring one of the coffee table barrel stools ~~ place under your vanity.

You can also store things in the barrel stools. Often the champagne bucket is stored there, but it can be removed if you need the space. Martita has the best tips.
hmmm, very interesting! :thumbsup:

Moving the vanity chair to the window or sliding door and replacing it with one of the stools provides much more space. (I slide the chair under the coffee table)

Another tip: in rough, "ocean motion" place one life jacket under your mattress...the other life jacket on the other side, again under the mattress. Sleep in the middle of the bed. A few Crossings ago the Captain came to visit one morning (actually we were "plottin' and schemin'" as to some new TA games) I mentioned to him that I had not been sleeping very well ~~he jumped up and declared, "well no wonder.....your bed is all wrong..." with that he decribed how I needed to "fix" my bed with the life jackets. He said he keeps his perservers under his mattress all the time. Sooo for the TA Crossing Sailor's during rough nights.....sleep in a cradle!:p

Martita B.

Archived