How to request a table for four?

a9753

Hi,

If you have separate rooms have your reservations linked.

About a week before you sail you can email rcldining@rccl.com with your request stating ship, date of departure and stateroom numbers. Fingers crossed they are able to help. When you board check out the dining room straight away and have a word with the Maitre d' if you need to.

Call whoever you booked with, and tell them! Or, if your sailing has My Time Dining, you can sign up for that--then you can get the table size and time you want. If you are 2 couples, with different booking/reservation numbers, you'll need to "link" them, so they will put you together. Again, call whoever you booked with.

Hi,

If you have separate rooms have your reservations linked.

About a week before you sail you can email rcldining@rccl.com with your request stating ship, date of departure and stateroom numbers. Fingers crossed they are able to help. When you board check out the dining room straight away and have a word with the Maitre d' if you need to.

Do you have to wait until a week before the cruise? I think I would like to request a table for just the seven of us in case the 2 year old gets antsy. That way we can try and speed dinner up a little bit. It would be harder to do if we are seated with other people.

...what would you suggest if we initially requested MTD?

We got the call today that they couldn't honor our "reservations" for MTD (because of the computer problem) and now we have to request MTD when we board the ship.

We originally requested late seating and if we can't get MTD, I would like to request a table for two. You see, I'm hard of hearing, and wear hearing aids, I find it very difficult to follow conversations and it tends to stress me out. Moreover, when I mention the problem to others, it always seems to make them a bit uncomfortable--so I tend to avoid it when I can. (I can see the folks who are considerably hard of hearing nodding in agreement.)

So would you suggest that I e-mail my request for a table for two just incase I can't get MTD when I show up for boarding?

I selected late dining specifically hoping that they'd be able to accommodate my request to sit at a table with just the two of us; I also requested the largest table, so just incase I couldn't get reassigned, it would be a lot less conspicuous that I wasn't "following" all the conversations.

When I found out that MTD would be available I was so pleased when I was able to make the "reservations"--then they called today and told me they are cancelled and I'm back to square one.

I've only been on a couple of cruises previous, and they both had MTD (NCL & Princess) so it worked out great for me.

Sorry for the long, drawn-out story, but I do like to dine in the dining room, but I fear that if I have to "dodge" conversation for 14 days, I'll find myself eating in the WJ or my room just to avoid all the din at dinnertime.

Thanx for any tips you might have.

We originally requested late seating and if we can't get MTD, I would like to request a table for two. You see, I'm hard of hearing, and wear hearing aids, I find it very difficult to follow conversations and it tends to stress me out. Moreover, when I mention the problem to others, it always seems to make them a bit uncomfortable--so I tend to avoid it when I can. (I can see the folks who are considerably hard of hearing nodding in agreement.)

Boatsie, not just nodding in agreement, standing up and cheering, waving and jumping up and down - and it's not even 7am here in London!!

I am a very sociable, talkative (ask my poor DH!) kind of girl but "hard of hearing" only scratches the surface;) I lipread up a storm, one to one, but find the MDR and those huge tables just impossible to cope with. Hate sitting there like a door-mouse so always try for a table for 2 and we are usually lucky. On our last Brilliance cruise we opted for My Time Dining and, as with our Princess cruises who offer the same kind of deal, it worked perfectly. Sign up at the desk soon after you check in and wave good-bye to stressful dining:)

Happy cruising

Sue

When I emailed requesting a table for 4 they replied saying that they would put my request on file and the floor would open 50 days before sailing. If you're within that 50 day timeslot I would email them. They actually work out the tables one week before so I think it's better to have your request already in by then.

I have always requested my table size at the time of booking my cruise. It is always noted as a special request on my invoice, and (knock on wood) I have always gotten the table size requested. Do make sure that, in addition to requesting a specific table size, all people planning to dine at the same table have their reservations linked.

My Time Dining is the way to go. Just got off the Explorer on Feb.22. Traveled with another couple...I made both reservations. Asked for table for 4 at booking...was told...no problem. When we got onboard, we were not even seated together...both at different tables and tables for 8. After waiting an hour to talk to maitre'd, the best he could do would be to seat us together at a table for 10. Not acceptable. Fortunately, I had read online about MTD and saw where to sign up for it onboard. Beat feet to deck 5 and signed up. Sign up on Explorer was day 1 only. Don't know how other RCCL ships do it. The 4 of us had a lovely table for 4 nightly. If I didn't get this think it would have been the WJ most nights.

We ate breakfast in dining room only once. They wanted us to sit at a table of 12 at 7:30 am?? I pointed at a table for 4 and asked to be seated there. It was a struggle but I finally got what I wanted.

Do MTD...you will be happy.

• 2 weeks later...

I sent a request for a table for 2 and got a response back is this the normal response? Sounds like they thought I was a TA?????

Thank you for contacting Royal Caribbean International Dining and Special Services

Please be advised your request has been noted. Dining arrangements are finalized the week of sailing, at which time we will make every effort to accommodate your request. Once your client arrives for embarkation, their Sea Pass Card will denote the table number and seating time.

If your clients are requesting a table for two, please note that these tables are very limited and are assigned on first come first served basis.

If your clients are requesting a table larger than 10, they will most probably be assigned to two adjacent tables..

Thank you for choosing Royal Caribbean International!

Do you have to wait until a week before the cruise? I think I would like to request a table for just the seven of us in case the 2 year old gets antsy. That way we can try and speed dinner up a little bit. It would be harder to do if we are seated with other people.

Have your travel agent request a table for your family only. You do not have to wait for a week before. I put in the request as soon as the reservation is made.

Diane

I sent a request for a table for 2 and got a response back is this the normal response? Sounds like they thought I was a TA?????

Thank you for contacting Royal Caribbean International Dining and Special Services

Please be advised your request has been noted. Dining arrangements are finalized the week of sailing, at which time we will make every effort to accommodate your request. Once your client arrives for embarkation, their Sea Pass Card will denote the table number and seating time.

If your clients are requesting a table for two, please note that these tables are very limited and are assigned on first come first served basis.

If your clients are requesting a table larger than 10, they will most probably be assigned to two adjacent tables..

Thank you for choosing Royal Caribbean International!

This is almost word for word the response I got back when I e-mailed a couple of weeks ago requesting a table for four for our March 14 sailing on Liberty. I'm anxious to see if I got what I requested. I'll let you know in about ten days.

Jan

This is almost word for word the response I got back when I e-mailed a couple of weeks ago requesting a table for four for our March 14 sailing on Liberty. I'm anxious to see if I got what I requested. I'll let you know in about ten days.

Jan

Thank you Jan I would love to know when you get back if you got your table for 4. lol but you have to let me know as soon as you come back because we leave on the 22nd. :)

Archived