Carnival needs to fire the Fascination piano bar guy..

CruiseCrazy4U

Just got off the Fascination, and was very excited about going to the piano bar at night....last cruise it was the place to be...well Mikael...not sure if that is spelled right...is really not very much fun...he sings and plays well but does not play for audience participation....also breaks often ...so needless to say only went there once and everytime went past it was empty...I feel we have been served an injustice..:eek:

The piano player on the Valor was awesome! Everyone wanted to be there until they were kicked out at the end of the night. The Elation, however, was totally different. The guy just played some songs and sang in a quiet and unimpressive way. He didn't seem to want audience participation either. We left after a short stay.

The piano player on the Valor was awesome! Everyone wanted to be there until they were kicked out at the end of the night. The Elation, however, was totally different. The guy just played some songs and sang in a quiet and unimpressive way. He didn't seem to want audience participation either. We left after a short stay.

Sounds like you got the new guy on the Elation. Michael Smith signed off Jan 5 and he was awesome.

I sure hope that all of you filled out your displeasure on the comment cards or sent a letter to Carnival. They need to know who the good, the bad & the ugly are.

Just got off the Fascination, and was very excited about going to the piano bar at night....last cruise it was the place to be...well Mikael...not sure if that is spelled right...is really not very much fun...he sings and plays well but does not play for audience participation....also breaks often ...so needless to say only went there once and everytime went past it was empty...I feel we have been served an injustice..:eek:
Sounds like my experience on the Conquest last Sep/Oct. The guy was hardly ever there and when he was, he was as wooden as a box. I don't think he wanted to be there.

So the guy plays and sings well... you went once.... wasn't exactly what you expected.... and you now decide to go to a public forum and demand that this guy is fired? Wow... an injustice you say?... you've got to be kidding!

You say he breaks a lot.... well you went once... how do you know? Do you know what their contract says about performance times? It's 45 minutes on, 15 off....

Why not just say his show (even though he plays and sings well) wasn't for you.... Everyone does it their own way.... maybe some else loved his approach.

So the guy plays and sings well... you went once.... wasn't exactly what you expected.... and you now decide to go to a public forum and demand that this guy is fired? Wow... an injustice you say?... you've got to be kidding!

You say he breaks a lot.... well you went once... how do you know? Do you know what their contract says about performance times? It's 45 minutes on, 15 off....

Why not just say his show (even though he plays and sings well) wasn't for you.... Everyone does it their own way.... maybe some else loved his approach.

Well I don't know about you, but as far as I know piano bars are set up for audience participation...not just for listening...so yes I was very disappointed because prior cruises you could not get a seat in the piano bar if you did not get there early enough...so if everytime I walked by and it was empty...then...

Well I don't know about you, but as far as I know piano bars are set up for audience participation...not just for listening...so yes I was very disappointed because prior cruises you could not get a seat in the piano bar if you did not get there early enough...so if everytime I walked by and it was empty...then...

Oh and also I am being obviously be over dramatic....

I had the same experience with Peter on the Freedom a couple weeks ago. I also agree that Piano Bars are usually best with some active participation. A few years back we were on the Victory with Ed Rocks and he did ROCK. Not sure what happened to him, haven't seen him on the current piano player list for a while. IMO....The best piano bar players have long playlists with some surprising selections and interact with the audience.

Peter was dull, unentertaining and rude. I actually witnessed him being rude to several passengers. And his tip glass never had more than $5-$10 in it and the bar was also usually pretty empty. We gave him a couple tries, but it never seemed to improve.

Hoping we have better luck on the Valor in Oct!

Misty

Oh and also I am being obviously be over dramatic....

Obviously being overdramatic? You titled the thread "Carnival Needs To Fire the Fascination piano bar guy" with a big red thumbs down next to it.

I don't think that's very fair... He didn't do anything to you personaly to warrent such a public outburst. You didn't like his show plain and simple... So he should be out of a job? You can voice your opinion in a review, but to start a public thread to have the guy fired (people in Miami do read these) because he wasn't to your liking isn't really fair at all...

What do you do for a living???? To people watch you from a distance without saying anything to you, and then post a public internet thread to have you fired?

Obviously being overdramatic? You titled the thread "Carnival Needs To Fire the Fascination piano bar guy" with a big red thumbs down next to it.

I don't think that's very fair... He didn't do anything to you personaly to warrent such a public outburst. You didn't like his show plain and simple... So he should be out of a job? You can voice your opinion in a review, but to start a public thread to have the guy fired (people in Miami do read these) because he wasn't to your liking isn't really fair at all...

What do you do for a living???? To people watch you from a distance without saying anything to you, and then post a public internet thread to have you fired?

Chill out! Why does everything on this forum have to turn in to a fight? I think the OP was being PURPOSELY over-dramatic and they admitted that. You, on the other hand, are being MEAN!

Out of the cruises I've taken with Carnival only several of the piano bar players have been good. The rest at best are average........

I think I'd write a letter to Carnival and ask for an onboard credit for my next cruise. Better yet, I would ask for a refund for that cruise for such an injustice.......:rolleyes:

Chill out! Why does everything on this forum have to turn in to a fight? I think the OP was being PURPOSELY over-dramatic and they admitted that. You, on the other hand, are being MEAN!

I'm being mean????

The OP started a thread to have a guy fired because he didn't like way he performed his show.... even though he played and sang well...

Do you think his bosses will read this and laugh?

If the piano guys bosses are reading this, a public forum that is mostly people's opinions, and doing a performance review, then shame on them. There is no reason to think that Carnival will indeed fire the piano player based on ONE CRUISE CRITIC member's opinion, in fact, it is highly doubtful.

A letter to Guest Relations and Carnival Director of Entertainment, from a lot of cruisers, would probably get this guy's contract cancelled. ken

Can't remember his name, but sounds like the same guy that was on the Fascination last Oct. One only needed to go once and than walk by once in a while to know how poorly his performances were attended and understand why! Being the piano bar entertainer on a Carnival cruiseship is NOT where the guy we had belonged.

Archived