Fort Lauderdale Lodging

geoherb

In the past, we have stayed at regular hotels (Marriott Marina, Wyndham, Yankee Clipper). I'm not having any luck getting a room through Priceline for our next post-cruise (January 2) and wondered if anyone could recommend gay places. (Pineapple Point has a suite available for $300+ a night, but I'm looking for something less than $200 (and less than $150 would be even better).)

Geoherb,

Try the Riverside. It is not a gay hotel but very gay friendly on Las Olas. Walking distance to lots of restaurants and bars. Great people watching.

Just make sure you get a room in the new section.

mcboo:):)

Had a friend stay at the Schubert a few weeks ago and he liked it a lot. I guess they have a free happy hour around 5 or 6 every night around the pool or something like that...sadly, I don't fly in until later than that! :( I'm just staying the one night before my cruise.

Jeff

Had a friend stay at the Schubert a few weeks ago and he liked it a lot. I guess they have a free happy hour around 5 or 6 every night around the pool or something like that...sadly, I don't fly in until later than that! :( I'm just staying the one night before my cruise.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff, I'll put The Schubert on my list when it's time to start calling around looking for one night. Unfortunately, not many of the gay resorts are willing to book one night until about a month before arrival. We are spending four nights pre cruise at The Flamingo, but they were'nt interested in booking a one night stay post cruise.

In the past, we have stayed at regular hotels (Marriott Marina, Wyndham, Yankee Clipper). I'm not having any luck getting a room through Priceline for our next post-cruise (January 2) and wondered if anyone could recommend gay places. (Pineapple Point has a suite available for $300+ a night, but I'm looking for something less than $200 (and less than $150 would be even better).)

I would recommend you join Hostelling International USA. Dues are minimal. They have a great place in Miami Beach. You can get a private room for two for $50.

Try http://www.hiusa.org or call 1-800-909-4776. Hope this helps you out.

Bob

Hi all,

We are staying at the Cabanas at Wilton Manors for 3 nights after our cruise. Last year, we stayed at the Elysium Resort.

Now, we loved our stay at Elysium so we highly recommend them. However, since our cruise returns on Christmas Eve, we found that only Cabanas would "allow" us to stay less than 7 nights. :confused:

We stayed 4 nights last Christmas at Elysium, but when we called them for this Christmas, they changed their policy too, so we couldn't book for less than 7 nights.

We don't know about Cabanas but since we are coming off a ship--by the way, we're going on RCCL Majesty of the Seas--we didn't care if we were near the beach.

That's about it for now--ask if you need more infor about Elysium or of anyone can offer info about Cabanas.

Hi all,

We are staying at the Cabanas at Wilton Manors for 3 nights after our cruise. Last year, we stayed at the Elysium Resort.

Now, we loved our stay at Elysium so we highly recommend them. However, since our cruise returns on Christmas Eve, we found that only Cabanas would "allow" us to stay less than 7 nights. :confused:

We stayed 4 nights last Christmas at Elysium, but when we called them for this Christmas, they changed their policy too, so we couldn't book for less than 7 nights.

We don't know about Cabanas but since we are coming off a ship--by the way, we're going on RCCL Majesty of the Seas--we didn't care if we were near the beach.

That's about it for now--ask if you need more infor about Elysium or of anyone can offer info about Cabanas.

We spent 3 days at The Cabanas in 2003. Nice place, friendly management and staff.

We decided to stay in the beach area since, and just found it a better environment with the numerous gay guest houses. We certainly would'nt hesitate to stay at The Cabanas again, just decided we preferred the beach area, The advantage to getting away from the beach as I am sure you've noticed is price. Rates at The Cabanas are substantially lower than the beach resorts.

• 2 weeks later...

I really enjoyed my one night stay at the Schubert. Everyone was super friendly from the staff to the guests, although it was by no means booked full. I really enjoyed the big hot tub! Ended up being out there until 2 am! They had a nice continental breakfast type thing in the morning as well. I booked fairly late in the game...only a week or so before I went. I would definitely recommend staying there. A few decent restaurants in the area there as well.

Jeff

Archived