Luggage Tags ?

thelmalouise-n-thekid

You really do not want to put the luggage tags on before you claim the bags at your destination. The tags might be torn off. The tags might interfere with teh scanning sued to route bags in airports. The tags might arrive (with your bags) just fine.

So, there are three possibilities. You lose on two of them and break even on one. You gain on zero.

On our last cruise in January, we never did get luggage tags from the cruise line and I didn't download any on the internet.

We showed up at the port with no tags, it was a simple matter of putting them on dockside.

Only if you are wanting to show off your cruiseline to other people in the check-in lines or at baggage claim. Otherwise, there's no value.

Thanks everyone for you help

FlyerTalker, I wouldn't mind showing off for everyone since this is my first cruise and I'm pretty proud to be going but probably alot of people flying have already been on several cruises themselves and wouldn't be impressed anyway.

Thanks everyone for you help

FlyerTalker, I wouldn't mind showing off for everyone since this is my first cruise and I'm pretty proud to be going but probably alot of people flying have already been on several cruises themselves and wouldn't be impressed anyway.

I would be leary of putting on cruise luggage tags before your flight if your cruiseline uses ones similar to the airlines with bar coding. I am always afraid that if I do, the extra bar coding will be scanned and my luggage will end up who knows where.

Also, it alerts anyone to exactly how long you will be gone.

Archived