Is there enough to do on Carnival for 12 & 9 year olds if they don't like kids clubs?

hockeymomof2

My kids were that age when we did Carnival and they very rarely went to the kids club. They spent their time at the video arcade, ice cream machine, basketball court, ice cream machine, ship sponsored games/trivia, ice cream machine, shows, ice cream machine, pool, ice cream machine, mini-golf, ice cream machine....Needless to say they stayed busy and full of ice cream:D

If your kids are bored on a cruise, then I have no advice--except I'd never pay for them to go again!

There's so much to do and 99% of the kids LOVE the kid's club!

I don't think you have anything to worry about.

If I heard, "I'm bored", I'd say "I feel sorry for you! I'm not bored, now go away--you're boring me!"

We went on the Carnival Glory with our 13,12 & 10 year olds - they never once went to the Kid's Club...that isn't really our thing. We are on a family vacation...and they never even wanted to use it ... plus they wanted to have my kids in all different age groups...

They had the time of their life....

Swimming, Water Slide, Games and AND LOTS OF ICE CREAM!!!!

No exaggeration ... they ate their crusie fare in ice cream on this trip!

They played cards with each other right up on the pool deck - they listed to music while laying in the sun, etc.

If your kids are bored on a cruise, then I have no advice--except I'd never pay for them to go again!

There's so much to do and 99% of the kids LOVE the kid's club!

I don't think you have anything to worry about.

If I heard, "I'm bored", I'd say "I feel sorry for you! I'm not bored, now go away--you're boring me!"

Kids club isn't for everyone, my daughter loved it. My boys wanted nothing to do with some of their silly activities ( that was their opinion ).

Sometimes you take vacations for the kids and sometimes for the parents. Sometimes the kids need to figure out how to enjoy themselves.

A few years ago we sailed on the Victory, I believe a sister ship of the Valor. There was plenty to do on board without every stepping into the kids club; pool, arcade, game room, dining, activities. THey really liked the hairy man contest and watching it over and over again on the close circuit TV. :mad::eek::D

We just booked our second cruise with Carnival (third cruise overall) and the first words out of my youngest son's mouth were.. "Is it with Carnival? Do they have the ice cream machines?"

You would think they have never had ice cream before...:rolleyes:

I will be taking my kids on their first cruise on the Glory and that's one thing I was never worried about. My DD (11) is going to love the camp especially if they are doing things like arts and crafts. She loves stuff like that. My boys (14 & 13) will be all over the basketball court. So even if they choose not to go to the camp, there is NO WAY they will be bored.

• 2 weeks later...

While my boys do SOME of the Camp Activities.... lately, they have mostly just enjoyed "hanging out" by the pool.

They LOVE the afternoon activities.... Hairy Chest, Survivor, Fear Factor, etc. One of my boys enjoys coming to Trivia with me.

And yes, as others mentioned... Video Games, Pizza, Ice Cream, Basketball, WaterSlide, Ice Cream, Ice Cream, Ice Cream!

Catrin

Archived