Hotels in Barcelona

I stayed at Hotel Majestic last month for a pre-cruise stay. You got a

great price. Great location.....easy one block walk to La Pedrera, Casa Batlo & Casa Amatller. Closer to Familia than some others. Short walk to Cataluna, Ramblas, Gothic, etc. It is in an upscale, quiet area, (full of

upscale stores) yet still close to the nightlife. Staff was wonderful to me & room was excellent.

There is a Roof Top Terrace/Pool with a remarkable 360 degree view of Barcelona. Even though it was January, one day was very sunny, warm & I spent a good deal of time up there on a lounger, getting sun and a whole

ton of pix.

Enjoy, Martha

So funny how tastes vary. We stayed at the Majestic and didn't care for it at all. Unfriendly-feeling lobby area, all business, and our room was tiny and overlooked the air conditioners. We had paid $550 for one night plus transfers through the cruise line (had to) and were SO disappointed. We booked HOTEL 1898 ON OUR OWN LAST TIME AND JUST LOVED IT--THE POOL, THE LOBBY WHICH WAS SO SPACIOUS AND COMFORTABLE, THE BAR, THE LOCATION RIGHT ON LAS RAMBLAS, THE ROOFTOP GARDEN--EVERYTHING. JUST ANOTHER PIECE IN THE PUZZLE! (Sorry for the caps, too lazy to retype!)

Cathy

We are going to be in Barcelona in late June. This past October I made reservations at the Royal Ramblas Hotel. The hotel is in the heart of where we want to be, and it got nice reviews.

I noticed something today that was quite interesting. I went online and noticed that our room rate had dropped by 70 euro's a night. I think that is about $85 dollars US. So I was able to modify my reservation and get the lower rate.

I guess the economy is hurting over there as well. Normally the summer time in Barcelona is when the hotel rates are at its highest. So to see a summer price drop is wild.

I second Hotel Inglaterra. We just booked for June and the rates are much lower than when I checked before. Booking directly through the hotel site will get you the best rate. I believe currently all their offers include breakfast. The location is great too.

We are booked at the Hotel Continental Barcelona right on Las Ramblas. I was concerned abotu the oise from the street at first but will have mre fun watcng the sights from the balcony.

They advertise a 24 buffet that is free with the room. This should save us a few euros befire we board the ship. Has anyone ever stayed here? I hear it is clean and basic lodging. What was the buffet like?

We are booked at the Hotel Continental Barcelona right on Las Ramblas. I was concerned abotu the oise from the street at first but will have mre fun watcng the sights from the balcony.

They advertise a 24 buffet that is free with the room. This should save us a few euros befire we board the ship. Has anyone ever stayed here? I hear it is clean and basic lodging. What was the buffet like?

We just returned from a two night post-cruise stay at the Hotel Continental in February. Great choice! We definitely enjoyed our balcony room AND the 24 hour buffet. Our room and bath were small and pink, but definitely clean. We had just completed a 21 day B2B, so food was NOT our priority! We found the items at the hotel more than sufficient for our needs. DH could have thrived on the soft serve ice milk and toppings, combined with the free white and rosa wine, beer, soda, juice and cappechinos! They had all kinds of cereals, breads, some cookies, nuts, raisins, hard boiled eggs, pasta ham salad, white fish, paella, potatoes, and a salad bar. One morning they even had a couple kids of sausage to go with the hard boiled eggs. When there was someone there actually cooking the variety was better, but you could find something to eat, and drink, 24/7. The free internet was fabulous too, especially after the exhorbitant cruise ship internet prices!

We get into Barcelona on Sat May 23 from our 1st cruise :D and our flight leaves the Monday morning at 6:55am

So looking for an inexpensive place to stay, with the CDN in the dumper would rather not spend much money on a place just to sleep

Does Priceline work ?

Now that I posted , all answer will be sent to my wife and let her pick ( that way nothing can be my fault :p)

We are booked at the Atrium for 105 euros a night. I've been told its a great hotel and close to everything. Check out their website.

http://www.hotel-atriumpalace.com/

off topic...I have friends in Coburg....Mandi & John Kofira....know them?

We stayed at Hotel Apsis Splendid last September and are staying there again for 3 nights before our May 1 cruise. It is very reasonable and has a really nice breakfast buffet. It is not fancy but very clean. It is about 2 blocks from Placa Catalunya which is a good central hub for catching the Hop On/Hop Off bus which I highly recommend. We found a very nice tapas bar/restaurant close by and were able to eat outside.

It is only a block or so walk frm the Airport Aerobus stop so we plan on catching that to our hotel at a cost of 3.5 euros per person.

We stayed at Hotel Apsis Splendid last September and are staying there again for 3 nights before our May 1 cruise. It is very reasonable and has a really nice breakfast buffet. It is not fancy but very clean. It is about 2 blocks from Placa Catalunya which is a good central hub for catching the Hop On/Hop Off bus which I highly recommend. We found a very nice tapas bar/restaurant close by and were able to eat outside.

It is only a block or so walk frm the Airport Aerobus stop so we plan on catching that to our hotel at a cost of 3.5 euros per person.

Nice to hear. We're staying there for 3 days next week. :)

Gerry

We are booked at the Atrium for 105 euros a night. I've been told its a great hotel and close to everything. Check out their website.

http://www.hotel-atriumpalace.com/

off topic...I have friends in Coburg....Mandi & John Kofira....know them?

Book into the Tryp Apolo for 96euros for 2 nights http://www.solmelia.com/solNew/hoteles/jsp/C_Hotel_Description.jsp?codigoHotel=0804

Sorry dont know your friends

We are looking at doing our first Med Cruise out of Barcelona, then following up with the TA on the Voyager back to the States. My question once you fly into Barcelona, how far is it to the Hotels & where you will board your ship next day. I read one Post about a Train? Thank You

Looks very nice for 45 euros per night. I thin I'll cancel the Atrium for this one. After all we're on staying for the one night.

I was looking at this hotel on tripadvisor, and decided against it as it is apperently in a red light district. Might not be a big deal, but thought you should be aware. We're only in BCN for 1 day, so I'd like to experience one of the better locations there.

We are looking at doing our first Med Cruise out of Barcelona, then following up with the TA on the Voyager back to the States. My question once you fly into Barcelona, how far is it to the Hotels & where you will board your ship next day. I read one Post about a Train? Thank You

It is probably a 30-35 euro, 20 minute cab ride to the area where most hotels are located, around Las Ramblas, the pedestrian promenade. There is an Aerobus from the airport that takes you to Placa Catalunya, at the top end of Las Ramblas, for less than 5 E pp, and many of us use that. Then it is about a 10 minute, 13-15 euro cab ride to the port.

There IS a train from the airport but unless you are staying somewhere near a station, either the Aerobus or cab are your best bets.

Cathy

I was looking at this hotel on tripadvisor, and decided against it as it is apperently in a red light district. Might not be a big deal, but thought you should be aware. We're only in BCN for 1 day, so I'd like to experience one of the better locations there.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I highly recommend Hotel 1898, esp. if you are only there one night and want to have a really great experience. Perfect location and very elegant but comfortable hotel. www.hotel1898.com.

Cathy

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I highly recommend Hotel 1898, esp. if you are only there one night and want to have a really great experience. Perfect location and very elegant but comfortable hotel. www.hotel1898.com.

Cathy

I've been watching them hoping their rates would come down a bit. For our two days in May, however, the rates have been climbing! :eek:

My wife surprised me with an anniversary cruise leaving from Barcelona in May. I've been researching hotels in Barcelona for the past couple of days. We'll be arriving 2 days before the cruise and are looking for a 2-night stay, relatively close to the Rambla area (or at least close to a metro stop).

I've been there in the past on business and have stayed at the Hilton Diagonal, which is a nice hotel, but near the top of the price list (around €184/night). I've heard back from the Jazz and Continental, and neither has rooms available for the time I'll be there

There is room at the Coronado, which seems to be really close to the port, and not that far on metro to the rambla area. In the reviews, people have said it's a pretty small hotel, but for the price it seems hard to beat (€95 including breakfast). Has anyone had experience with this hotel?

It also appears that the Continental Palacete has rooms available, but it's an extra €45 per night. Is it worth the extra €90 to stay at the continental, with the 24 hr buffett and closer proximity to plaza de catalunya? It seems that it would be cheaper to get to that hotel via the airport bus, rather than a taxi, so it reduces it a little bit.

Since we're arriving pretty early in the am, what can we expect as far as being able to check in, or at least find a place to safely stow our luggage at a hotel?

There is a private club in Barcelona, the Circulo Ecuestre, with which a club of which I am a member enjoys reciprocity. Looks very nice on their website. Got three very favorable reviews by members of my club, the Marines' Memorial Club. Here's the website: http://www.circuloecuestre.es/index.php?r=1024&leng=eng

Circulo Ecuestre was founded in 1856, so it has been around for a while. Anyone been there? Location looks good, is it?

We will arrive in Barcelona in April, 2010. Any comments on Circulo Ecuestre will be appreciated.

Archived