Hotels in Barcelona

Hello all. We will be in Barcelona for a couple of nights in May 1,2,3. We are looking for a great hotel close to La Rambla. This is our first time to Barcelona and would love any help that anyone could give us. Please we are open to all suggestions on good places to stay as long as it is clean safe.

Hello all. We will be in Barcelona for a couple of nights in May 1,2,3. We are looking for a great hotel close to La Rambla. This is our first time to Barcelona and would love any help that anyone could give us. Please we are open to all suggestions on good places to stay as long as it is clean safe.

We stayed at the Olivia ( http://www.oliviahotels.es/ ) it is at one end of La Rambla, has ultra modern theme. If I ever get back i would use them again if I choose to stay near Cataluña. Its convenient, you can hail cabs from the main circle and the subway and ho-ho stop is right there.

We stayed at the Hotel Continental Palacete just a block from La Ramblas.

The rooms are rather pink and the decor a bit quirky, but the position is great, and they have a free buffet for light meals and drinks, and free internet with 2 terminals for guests to use. We found it very convenient and enjoyed our stay.

We're staying at Hotel 1898 for two nights pre-cruise in September. Just a few blocks south of Placa Catalunya, right off La Rambla. Booked their 'early bird' promo @ 191.64 Euros/nt.. Not the least expensive you'll find, but it's a fairly high-quality property, both outdoor and indoor pools, restaurant,spa,etc.. Very little of which, frankly, we are likely to actually use, but it might be nice to take a pre-dinner swim after a long day of sightseeing. They have a sister property right down the street, a little further off Rambla(but still close, and probably more quiet)- Hotel Jazz. They are currently running an early booking special at under 100Euros/nt.

We've booked the Hotel Jazz for an pre-cruise night in July. It's had many recommendations here on Cruise Critic. It's more of a "business class" hotel than a "resort class" ... meaning not a lot of resort like amenities. There is a rooftop pool. It's very near Las Ramblas a block from Playa Catalunya. Prices have been very good recently. Most booking for the summer have found rates below 100 euros (we booked for 95).

We are booked at the Hotel Jazz for our September cruise, one night pre-cruise, one night post. After many responses from cruise critic members and great reviews on trip advisor, etc., we chose Hotel Jazz - it looks great, great price ($118.00 USD), not tons of amneities, but we will be out sightseeing!!

We are booked at Hotel Oasis (recommended by TripAdvisor) for Dec. 19th. but are having problems finding a hotel in the same price range for Jan.3d. Thanks for asking the question and thanks to those who responded

Anyone cruising on the Jade over the Christmas holidays other than Jewelfine?

We loved everything about Hotel 1898 and would stay again in a heartbeat--one of the nicest properties I have ever been to--location, amenities, rooms (you have to splurge on one on the outside--it's worth it!). Looked and and have stayed in a few others and this is my best recommendation.

Cathy

I can't really recommend a hotel - we are staying at the Montecarlo on Las Ramblas - top rated hotel in Barcelona by by Trip Advisor and also frequently recommended here at Cruise Critic. However, we are also there on the 3rd of May, are you sailing on the Ruby Princess Grand Mediterranean? If so, please join our roll call. The 3rd is the first Sunday of the month, and I posted a list of FREE museums that day (and every first Sunday of the month) - there are a ton. It is near the bottom of this page on our roll call:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=746307&page=16

Even if you are not traveling with us on Ruby, have a wonderful trip and enjoy Barcelona - and the FREE museums on Sunday! Hooray for free stuff! :D Also, the Sardanes dance will be in front of the Barcelona Cathedral Sunday at 12 noon - I hear it is not to be missed.

I can't really recommend a hotel - we are staying at the Montecarlo on Las Ramblas - top rated hotel in Barcelona by by Trip Advisor and also frequently recommended here at Cruise Critic.

I've stayed at the Montecarlo twice. You'll like it. It's earned its top spot on tripadvisor.:)

My husband and I cruised on NCL Jade last December with another couple... We arrived in Barcelona the day before cruise and stayed in the beautiful Eurostar Grand Marina (right on the water) this ultra modern 5 star hotel is usually $200 a night but we were lucky enough to get it through orbitz for $66 (keep checking).:) It was about a 10 to 15 minute walk from Las Ramblas.

Upon returning to Barcelona we stayed another night at a cute little hotel right in Las Ramblas (across from cathedral) the Regencia Colon (not as glamarous, more old world but quaint) this ran about $90 - You will love Barcelona (just make sure to keep your valuables safe as there are lots of pickpockets):mad:

We are staying at the Hotel Majestci. Supposedly it is 5 star and the location is great. Passage De Gracia. They have a special 169E with breakfast and taxes included.

I stayed at Hotel Majestic last month for a pre-cruise stay. You got a

great price. Great location.....easy one block walk to La Pedrera, Casa Batlo & Casa Amatller. Closer to Familia than some others. Short walk to Cataluna, Ramblas, Gothic, etc. It is in an upscale, quiet area, (full of

upscale stores) yet still close to the nightlife. Staff was wonderful to me & room was excellent.

There is a Roof Top Terrace/Pool with a remarkable 360 degree view of Barcelona. Even though it was January, one day was very sunny, warm & I spent a good deal of time up there on a lounger, getting sun and a whole

ton of pix.

Enjoy, Martha

We get into Barcelona on Sat May 23 from our 1st cruise :D and our flight leaves the Monday morning at 6:55am

So looking for an inexpensive place to stay, with the CDN in the dumper would rather not spend much money on a place just to sleep

Does Priceline work ?

Now that I posted , all answer will be sent to my wife and let her pick ( that way nothing can be my fault :p)

Booked three nights at the Hotel Inglaterra a couple months ago for about 114 Euros per night for May 2009. The price has gone up considerably since then on their website.

Read good reviews about the hotel on various websites, looking forward to checking it out.

Based on great reviews everywhere, including Tripadvisor's top 5 pick, we went with Hotel Jazz. It is a few blocks from Las Ramblas and fairly priced. I thought it was a steel for how highly it was rated. Again, it was #5 of over 500 hotes. That is an excellent rating. We paid $130 all included..something like that.

I hope this helps

We're looking at Hotel Jazz - because of the reasonable price and the very high rating on tripadvisor. It is a few blocks off Las Ramblas. Is it too far of a walk; is it a safe walk at night? Are there places to eat breakfast, pick up water/soda,etc close by?

Archived