1 pair khaki's

Dark suit

2 ties

2 pr dark socks

2 dress shirts

2 collared polo

2 button up Hawaiian shirts

He seems to think this is enough, I am not so sure. Please Help

Well, is this a two day cruise to nowhere or a two week cruise across the Atlantic? What cruise line?

It's a one week Carnival Cruise, right? I actually think he is packing too much. He'll never wear all those board shorts or all those white socks. Also, doubt he'll wear all those shirts. You can have laundry done at a very inexpensive price. He's an adult; let him make these important adult decisions.

If you think he's not bringing enough, I'd be interested in seeing your packing list!

Well, is this a two day cruise to nowhere or a two week cruise across the Atlantic? What cruise line?

Sorry, this is a 7 day cruise to Jamaica, Grand Caymen and COzumel. Also forgot 3 pairs of shoes, dress, tennis and flip flops. White socks are for wearing with tennis shoes on excursions.

• Administrators

Carnival for a week? In theory, he could lose the dark suit, one tie, both dress shirts, and wear a nice collared shirt with one of the ties and a pair of khakis and be just fine on elegant night. Jeans can be hotter than hades, many people who plan on wearing them never do once on board. One pair of shorts for each day may be 2x too many (shirts are different). and he probably would want to take 1-2 bathing suits in addition to his list.

I agree with 6rugrats -- this is an ample packing list (but should include swim trunks) and may be too much.

PS read your addendum -- I'd add water shoes to that list, maybe in the form of Teva-type sandals instead of flip flops. That would be handy for places like Dunn's River Falls (if you are visiting there).

DH and I are having a bit of disagreement. Here is what he plans on taking

6 prs of boards shorts

6 t-shirts

5 pr white socks

1 pair bluejeans

1 pair khaki's

Dark suit

2 ties

2 pr dark socks

2 dress shirts

2 collared polo

Sounds fine to me.....but, I pack everything in a 22" roll-on-board...no matter where I'm going or how long I'm staying.

This is DH replying.....

Thank you all for your kind and considerate comments.

I will be the bigger man and not rub this in DW's face and say I told you so.

But I do have this HUGE grin on my face and I am doing this silly little dance!

YEAH BABY!!!!

Sorry, this is a 7 day cruise to Jamaica, Grand Caymen and COzumel. Also forgot 3 pairs of shoes, dress, tennis and flip flops. White socks are for wearing with tennis shoes on excursions.
Then the list looks fine. This is a vacation, he doesn't have to try and impress anyone.

This is DH replying.....

YEAH BABY!!!!

This is why my DH can do his own packing AFTER I lay it out.

Unless you are sailing on Carnival -

1. where is your tux?
  2. You need at least one pair of dress pants and a sport coat
  3. One more pair of dockers or have the ones you are bringing laundered and pressed aboard.
  4. At least one more shirt with a collar to where to dinner in the dining room.
  5. A bathing suit?
  6. I think you may need more dark socks - you will have 7 nights in the dining room - 2 of them you will be wearing a tux (hopefully) the other 5 you need to wear dress pants and dockers - dress shoes, not tennis shoes - no white socks.
  7. Shaving kit, toiletries
  8. Camera? Binoculars? Books? Tour Book(s)? Hat? Cologne?

What was that about not rubbing it in?:rolleyes:

• Administrators
This is why my DH can do his own packing AFTER I lay it out.

Unless you are sailing on Carnival -

1. where is your tux?
  3. One more pair of dockers or have the ones you are bringing laundered and pressed aboard.
  5. A bathing suit?
  6. I think you may need more dark socks - you will have 7 nights in the dining room - 2 of them you will be wearing a tux (hopefully) the other 5 you need to wear dress pants and dockers - dress shoes, not tennis shoes - no white socks.
  7. Shaving kit, toiletries
  8. Camera? Binoculars? Books? Tour Book(s)? Hat? Cologne?

What was that about not rubbing it in?:rolleyes:

The OP is sailing on Carnival, but even beyond that, we sailed on HAL for 14 nights last summer (that's four formal nights) and SO was fine with his 1 tux, 1 tux shirt, 1 cummerbund, etc. for all of them, as was I in my crushable black jersey separates.

PS, being on Carnival isn't necessarily some kind of "shorthand" for "lacking class and sailing in your pajamas." On HAL on the non-formal nights in Alaska JEANS were completely acceptable everywhere on the ship. On formal nights, a collared shirt with a tie was also acceptable.

1. where is your tux?

Dinner outfits seem sufficient, IMO. The list says: a dark suit & 2 dress shirts - that's fine for formal nights, just wear a different tie. The collared polo and even the Hawaiian shirts with the khakis would look fine at smart casual dinners. From what I've read on this very extensive subject on these boards, no one notices exactly what you're wearing unless it's really out of place. (And with the new luggage restrictions, many cruisers are looking to pack lightly).

BTW, cute thread. The title is a grabber, and the comments from both DH & DW make this fun to read! I'm sure this won't end here...:)

This is DH replying.....

YEAH BABY!!!!

LOL! this is a once in a lifetime chance buddy!! Husbands are never right so eat it up ;)

For me the air-conditioning is often too cold. So, not because of the dress code but for comfort reasons I would consider taking a sport coat or sweater along. However you know best if you generally feel cold or not.

DH and I are having a bit of disagreement. Here is what he plans on taking

6 prs of boards shorts

6 t-shirts

5 pr white socks

1 pair bluejeans

1 pair khaki's

Dark suit

2 ties

2 pr dark socks

2 dress shirts

2 collared polo

Let me just say that I took less than that for a 14 day cruise. Cut back on the shorts, you only need 2 pairs. T-shirts. for me I always buy some so you can cut back on those too, if you plan on buying some.

Hello,

You do not need an extra sportscoat...you have a dark suit for formal night.

A nice (not something with San Diego Padres stiched on the front) sweatshirt or a light sweater might be added, as it does get cool on the ship in the evening even in hot weather places.

And....promise her lots of romance and all arguments about clothes are going to end.

Fred

Archived