The Upgrade Fairy has visited me.

Neilius

As of yesterday I was in an inside berth on the lowest deck on Aurora.

Today I've been upgraded to an outside berth on the top deck, with a view over the back of the ship.

How cool is that :)

Can't wait to get on in Sydney on Monday.

Well done, maybe the upgrade fairy loves CC members, CANE TOADS that is.! ENJOY Nellius !

I think it helps if:

1. You or the other person in your cabin has travelled before.

2. You book early.

3. If you're travelling with others in separate cabins, don't tell P&O about it, as they'll try to keep you all on the same deck, and there's less chance of an upgrade when they have to re-allocate more than one cabin.

But that's just my circumstantial observations.

Maybe it is just a cane toad thing though? :)

That sounds like a HUGE upgrade. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for an upgrade on our Oct cruise. It's our first cruise without the kids and we've booked a t-grade cabin.........A SET OF BUNKS:eek: How sad is that:rolleyes:.

That sounds like a HUGE upgrade. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for an upgrade on our Oct cruise. It's our first cruise without the kids and we've booked a t-grade cabin.........A SET OF BUNKS:eek: How sad is that:rolleyes:.

a single bunk can be very cosy;)

Congratulations Neil!!

We recently returned from 4 nights on Arcadia and were lucky enough to receive a fantastic upgrade to a balcony cabin - so exciting!:D

Would love to do a segment on Aurora next year so will be looking out for your blog/review and any photographs.

Have a lovely time, you're very lucky doing 2 cruises so close to each other.

Lesley:)

Thanks for the kind thoughts, everyone.

This time round I'm going to try uploading short thirty second videos instead of photos as a daily blog post.

They're pretty high-res and work out to about 1mb each, so I should be able to say a bit and show a bit more than with just a photo. And it's pretty easy to upload these to the blog too. Plus it should be fun. I'll just have to practice removing the manic hyperactive expression from my face :)

I will take photos, but unless I get something outstanding I won't upload the photos till after I get back.

Archived