Solstice MDR Tables for 2

JaiOfChi

Hello,

When we sailed on HAL's Westerdam we had an excellent table for 2 in the MDR along the railing overlooking the lower level. The other tables were to our backs and not to our sides, offering more privacy. I am curious about tables for 2 in the Solstice MDR. I've read on here that some of the 2-tops are only inches away from other tables. Are there any locations where 2-tops might have a bit more space? We are booked in a Celebrity Suite, so might we have a good shot at a nicely located table for 2?

As always, many thanks for any feedback and tips!

Hi JaiOfChi - From what I remember from our Solstice sailing, the majority of tables for 2 are very close together. There are some 2's along the upper railing, not on top of your neighbor. On our first week of a b2b we were seated so close to the table next to us that it was almost uncomfortable. On the 2nd week it was much better as our table was on the upper level just in from the railing (it was a 4 top). My suggestion to you is that as soon as you board, head to the MDR and get in line to speak with the M'd and see just where your table is and make any change then.

As far as being in a suite, I don't think that has anything to do with where your seated. We were also booked in a suite and our original table was way in the back corner of the room which is an awful spot.

Patty

I did not see any twos on the rail on our side.. they were one row off the rail--

one set of twos near us had alot of room in between them & seemed treated as sep tables yet two others were right on top of each other & treated as a table for four.. the twos towards the back on top tier were awful (suffered at one of those for lunch) they were really 6 or 8 s made up as twos...

Archived